A good night out in Sheffield?

DerbyTup

IMHO you are looking at completely separate entities. I've yet to find anywhere that does a decent proper real ale range, including some whopping IPAs that also does restaurant standard food. I've been to places that do the beer, but just do grubby food and pizzas (brewpuppy type places) and I've been to places that pretend to do beer but are just a gastropub (The Milestone.....and no, I don't want my wine topping up).

I think you are seeking something that doesn't and cannot exist.

I've had some really hoppy beers at the Broadfield and some good food there. The problem is, of course, is that these things are completely subjective.

IMHO you are looking at completely separate entities. I've yet to find anywhere that does a decent proper real ale range, including some whopping IPAs that also does restaurant standard food. I've been to places that do the beer, but just do grubby food and pizzas (brewpuppy type places) and I've been to places that pretend to do beer but are just a gastropub (The Milestone.....and no, I don't want my wine topping up).

I think you are seeking something that doesn't and cannot exist.

The Rising Sun at Nether Green got revamped a while back and is now a very pleasant place to be.

And they went a little more upmarket with the food a few months ago (although I have not tried it yet) and it got a good review in the telegraph (for what thats worth these days...).

Has a few different wines on (though nothing really special) but a wide range of ales always on offer.

Not in the city though , and does get very busy Sat teatimes so you would need to book.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/whats-on/eating-out/food-review-standards-are-rising-at-the-sun-inn-1-8087447

http://www.risingsunsheffield.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...
The Beer Engline off London Road does good food and beer. Not sure it is as romantic as the OP would like but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Romance :gag::hihi:

Who care's about that, as long as it sells booze and looks cozy!

I always thought ' The Stag's Head ' and ' Frog and Parrot ' were romantic, if that's what you're looking for!

Edited by AmberLeaf