Plastic £5 notes now in circulation

John

I received my first one yesterday and still have it. I'm not going to give it back as change, until I receive another one. I think that other people are likely to be hoarding these new fivers for a while at first too.

my overall impression is positive. The best thing about it is its small size, and I hope that when they issue the polymer £10s and £20s that they will be of a smaller size than the paper ones we have now too. The paper notes we have now, are far too big.

But the £5 notes- old or new- are also mostly absent from cash dispensers; their stock is only £10/£20 notes.

Where can you get them from?

Spital hill tesco cash machines give them out, I withdrew £5 only 5 times and then on the 6th time it said my request had been refused and refer to bank.

Some anti fraud measure regarding number of transactions per day.

They look cool IMO....

If you leave them for a couple of years in a box or sommat, they dry out and crumble... china / australia has had this type for a while..

Also, if they get damp, two (or more) can srick together without realizing, so be careful! :)

---------- Post added 23-09-2016 at 15:53 ----------

But the £5 notes- old or new- are also mostly absent from cash dispensers; their stock is only £10/£20 notes.

I can name a few off top of my head that dispense 5ers, close to and in town