Where has the sun gone? 13/09/2016 Thunderstorms

In the early 2000s I was travelling from Sheffield to Chesterfield on the old 747 bus. While on the motorway the sky went pitch black like today no thunder as such then a saw a part tornado in the sky as sods law would have it had no camera on me. Then fogot about it until the Derbyshire Times reported it in the following weeks edition . Is this future weather and part of global warming?

Torrential rain and hailstones in Tankersly about 1930 hrs.

Sounds about right. I had this bit at about 20 past (but only lasted about 10 mins), I remember the time because all the SWFC fans were getting soaked running to the match!

It looked like it was going from the west (my view looked at the peaks), to the north. My pictures were taken at about 1950 looking north towards you.

what a load of drama queens . end of the world and all that stuff ..it was a bit of a storm we do have them you know ..its the british weather :rant::rant::rant:

The people on the Star video were perhaps drama queens with their OMGs etc, but they only sounded like kids.

I thought it was quite unusual and well worth turning the Great British Bake off to watch :D

After reading all the reports about the Tornado touching down in Sheffield last night I can't believe what I am seeing.

I was sat on the garden in S12 last night until way after 10pm and we never had so much as one drop of rain.

It got very windy for about ten minutes and looked as though the weather would change but after that the night was warm and calm.

It seems we were the lucky ones at this side of the city.