Anyone had treatment for Bruxism?

Bruxism is night time teeth grinding or clenching that damages the teeth either though wearing down of teeth or clipping. The other symptoms inculed pain in the jaw in the early morning with facial pain . Does this problem fall into the GP's department or a dentist I have already a night guard made by my denist but I see get quite a bit of pain and has any one had treatment for Bruxism?

The dentist (as you found out) can make a mouthguard, I have one and it helped me a bit, but there is a deeper issue - in my experience this occurs mainly when stressed, it could be this is the cause for you as well, if so it helps more to address the underlying issue than the symptom.

Didn't know it was called bruxism by the way, learned something new!

The dentist (as you found out) can make a mouthguard, I have one and it helped me a bit, but there is a deeper issue - in my experience this occurs mainly when stressed, it could be this is the cause for you as well, if so it helps more to address the underlying issue than the symptom.

Didn't know it was called bruxism by the way, learned something new!

Iv got another name for it! I had a bottom teeth guard made its fits alright very strange feeling though. My dentist thinks its stress but it could also be a deep bite or sleep apena apparently more people have bruxism now than ever before is this a symptom of modern living ?

Iv got another name for it! I had a bottom teeth guard made its fits alright very strange feeling though. My dentist thinks its stress but it could also be a deep bite or sleep apena apparently more people have bruxism now than ever before is this a symptom of modern living ?

That or teeth lasting longer, or people ;) Agree on the fit though, I only use mine when I need it as it gets quite uncomfortable.