Who will replace Labour as the main "progressive" voice in parliament?

See thread title  

34 members have voted

1. 1. See thread title

• The Liberal Democrats
    • A Labour break-away party
    • The SNP (a change of remit required there)
    • UKIP (substantial change in policy platform required one would think)
    • Another of the existing small parties
    • A brand new party
    • An Alliance of two or more of the above
    • I remain hopeful that Labour will survive its current problems

Not really

Britain’s press is run by right-wing moguls

And has an aggression almost unmatched in the Western world

It was to be expected :)

Apart from Owen Jones. We can trust him apparently. Just none of the others. Is that right?

Do I need to dig out examples of you citing the UK media to support your case when it suits you.

Do you have anything to offer other than evidence-free conspiracy theories to defend Momentum?

Oh wait I forget. You've met Momentum activists and they seem like decent chaps. So that proves it?

Would anything of which you can conceive convince you that Momentum are no good?

Edited by unbeliever

So let me get this right.

Rather than trusting an independent source on the matter, we should assume that all independent media organisations are in a grand conspiracy against Corbyn and Momentum and therefore we should trust only the "truth" as told to us by Momentum themselves.

Well, that seems to be some peoples position on climate change ;)

Even disgraced Tory Zac Goldsmith thinks #Dispatches was weak :hihi:

"#Dispatches was weak. It will only reinforce the view that the establishment wants to trash Corbyn. Suspect it'ill have the opposite effect"

I know it's 140 characters max but Goldsmith's remark is ambiguous at best. I keep reading it and I'm not sure what he means tbh. The 2nd and 3rd sentences look contradictory.

Are you in Momentum Sol?

I know it's 140 characters max but Goldsmith's remark is ambiguous at best. I keep reading it and I'm not sure what he means tbh. The 2nd and 3rd sentences look contradictory.

Are you in Momentum Sol?

I believe it means that Zac Goldsmith doesn't believe that there is some media conspiracy against Corbyn.

He thinks the Dispatches episode was weak because it will reinforce the conspiracy theories that the media is biased against him.

Instead, people will jump on it and say 'see, the media DO hate Corbyn'.

I believe it means that Zac Goldsmith doesn't believe that there is some media conspiracy against Corbyn.

He thinks the Dispatches episode was weak because it will reinforce the conspiracy theories that the media is biased against him.

Instead, people will jump on it and say 'see, the media DO hate Corbyn'.

The wider community or the Corbynistas? I must watch this programme.

Not really

Britain’s press is run by right-wing moguls

And has an aggression almost unmatched in the Western world

It was to be expected :)

Do you remember the rough time farage has had with the media? The only thing is corbyn has going for him is the left of left wing liberals,not enough for a labour victory.

Do you remember the rough time farage has had with the media? The only thing is corbyn has going for him is the left of left wing liberals,not enough for a labour victory.

And Ed Miliband!

Miliband fails to eat sandwich normally.

A poll to determine how weird you thought he was.

The character assassination of his dead father.

But don't tell me Jeremy Corbyn isn't an effective opposition. He has single-handedly galvanised politics like no other.

A week ago labour lost the mosborough bi-election with a 32% swing to the libdems. On thursday they repeated the success by losing Tupton with a similar swing. Corbin is doing a great job.

A week ago labour lost the mosborough bi-election with a 32% swing to the libdems. On thursday they repeated the success by losing Tupton with a similar swing. Corbin is doing a great job.

Okay, so the Lib Dems it is then.

It could happen quickly, with a mass defection of the bulk of the Labour MPs, more gradually with Labour MPs and Labour break-away MPs simply losing their seats to the Lib Dems.

I can't say I mind. I always preferred the Lib Dems to Labour. Once the EU matter is fully put to bed I shall be quite happy to see them ascend.