Who will replace Labour as the main "progressive" voice in parliament?

See thread title  

34 members have voted

1. 1. See thread title

• The Liberal Democrats
    • A Labour break-away party
    • The SNP (a change of remit required there)
    • UKIP (substantial change in policy platform required one would think)
    • Another of the existing small parties
    • A brand new party
    • An Alliance of two or more of the above
    • I remain hopeful that Labour will survive its current problems

I've never really understood this quote of his..

"Save for the wild force of Nature, nothing moves in this world that is not Greek in its origin"

Anyway we digress..

Well....we have the (ancient) Greeks to thank for democracy amongst other things...I guess it's a nod to their influence on civilisation :)

I'm not sure why anyone would Vote UKIP anymore, seeing as Theresa May seems to be fulfilling (or at least trying to fulfil) their two main manifesto pledges (leaving the EU and bringing back Grammar schools).

She doesn't even come close to the standard of national leader as Nigel farage would be or a lot of other Ukippers for that matter. Conservative,labour and lib dem have lost so much support to UKIP, Greens and SNP it'll be hard for them to turn it around and they're certainly not on their way to doing so either especially the shambles that is labour !!

She doesn't even come close to the standard of national leader as Nigel farage would be or a lot of other Ukippers for that matter. Conservative,labour and lib dem have lost so much support to UKIP, Greens and SNP it'll be hard for them to turn it around and they're certainly not on their way to doing so either especially the shambles that is labour !!

I agree that Labour aren't in the position to be winning back votes from anyone at the moment.

Recent by-elections in Sheffield suggest that the Lid Dems however are winning back some votes (at the cost of Labour).

I think the SNP might be losing their gloss a bit in Scotland, recent polls of the Scottish are placing Theresa May and Ruth Davidson as more popular politicians than Nicola Sturgeon.

50,000 people have become members of the Conservative Party since Theresa May was elected, suggesting she is gathering support from somewhere.

Some chappy on Question Time last night grilled Liz Kendall about JC's 10 pledges and asked how could she not agree with them. She pointed out several had been on Labour's GE manifesto in 2015 before anyone knew who the member for Islington North even was!

Just looked this up. Checking on Mr Corbyn's "Man of the people" fiction.

The Prime Minister (Mrs May) is on a salary of £143,462. That's inclusive of and not on top of, the salary of an MP £74,962.

Mr Corbyn receives a very similar total salary of £137,402. So he can actually afford expensive suits and such. It's all silly spin.

The Prime Minister (Mrs May) is on a salary of £143,462. That's inclusive of and not on top of, the salary of an MP £74,962.

Mr Corbyn receives a very similar total salary of £137,402. So he can actually afford expensive suits and such. It's all silly spin.

Yes, he's said he doesn't spend much money. But he does earn a nice amount. I know a fair few people like that. Scientists ;)

Just to add to that..

Jeremy Corbyn's expenses for 2014/15 were £159,528.63

Theresa May's expenses for 2014/15 were £109,256.22

Neither May or Corbyn were leaders of their party in the 2014/15 financial year.