Talk Talk, Sky or BT Fibre

iansheff

Talk Talk have just lost me; been with them for donkeys years, but for the past couple of weeks in the run up to the end of my 18 month contract, (which ended on the 14th) my internet has been ridiculously, and I mean ridiculously slow. I had a letter from them which said that they're not happy with the broadband speed on my street and so offering an upgrade to fibre which will speed it right up.

The farcically slow broadband I've suffered with in the past couple of weeks was clearly Talk Talk trying frustrate me into the upgrade, so I've sodded them off and gone with BT instead.

---------- Post added 16-09-2016 at 16:55 ----------

As customer service and a UK call centre is top of your priority list you would be better off moving to Plusnet. If you are Yorkshire born and and bred, at least you will always be able to understand the staff! I've been with PN for a very long time - no complaints.

Many a time I've just hung up mid conversation with the Indian call centre operators that Talk Talk use. So annoying having to speak slowly, loudly, and repeat myself 3 times to them!

Alan Hartley, how days you been with Bt For now?

I'm not up and running with them just yet, I literally set it in train yesterday...waiting for the paper work and new router etc from BT to come in the post, so I'm still with Talk Talk until the transition happens.

I've noticed my internet today is quite good all of a sudden, strange that! :roll:

I'm not up and running with them just yet, I literally set it in train yesterday...waiting for the paper work and new router etc from BT to come in the post, so I'm still with Talk Talk until the transition happens.

I've noticed my internet today is quite good all of a sudden, strange that! :roll:

Genuinely a coincidence. The only thing you can do to improve or reduce the performance of the line is to change the SnR margin. And the basic call centre workers at Talk Talk won't have access to that.

And it's quite noticeable.

And they don't really care.

OP: don't ignore smaller providers. I switched from TalkTalk (Copper ADSL) to ZenInternet (Copper VDSL) because Zen, sort of, guarantees up and download speeds. I pay £10 more than I did for TalkTalk and my Download speed doubled and Upload speed tenfolded. Check them out, excellent service even if you pay a bit more.

http://www.zen.co.uk

Don't go with Talk Talk unless you want poor service , slow Internet, can't understand a word call centre based in India I'm struck with the bugger's until early next year.

and Personal details leaked all over the internet, occasional scam calls and e-mails from people etc etc etc

Profits took a total nosedive recently due to all the publicity so expect price rises from them soon enough because they can't get the punters in to replace the people leaving in droves.

Don't go with Talk Talk unless you want poor service , slow Internet, can't understand a word call centre based in India I'm struck with the bugger's until early next year.

I have never had Indian call centre folks on the phone from TalkTalk, they have a callcentre on the Isle of Lewis though :) Also, never had poor service or indeed slow internet. The issue why I left them was the constant price creep that pushed them to be more expensive for a medium speed than a top-speed with Zen.

and Personal details leaked all over the internet, occasional scam calls and e-mails from people etc etc etc

Profits took a total nosedive recently due to all the publicity so expect price rises from them soon enough because they can't get the punters in to replace the people leaving in droves.

Again, that issue was overstated (the CEO was right in her response but didn't play it out the right way). I ended up with half a year of free Sky Sport thanks to TT losing a few thousand unmatched data on a few hundred customers.

I don't think TT is any worse than BT/Sky/Virgin, they are all as bad as each other.

I have never had Indian call centre folks on the phone from TalkTalk, they have a callcentre on the Isle of Lewis though :) Also, never had poor service or indeed slow internet. The issue why I left them was the constant price creep that pushed them to be more expensive for a medium speed than a top-speed with Zen.

Again, that issue was overstated (the CEO was right in her response but didn't play it out the right way). I ended up with half a year of free Sky Sport thanks to TT losing a few thousand unmatched data on a few hundred customers.

I don't think TT is any worse than BT/Sky/Virgin, they are all as bad as each other.

Do you work for Talk Talk ?:suspect: