Police action on motorists endangering cyclists

No one said it did. I don't know where you get this stuff from...

Just the right to use it.

I'd disagree with that.

You were the one who created some cretinous scenario where car users pull over for other car users. I wasn't interested in it.

You've already acknowleged that cyclists can sometimes delay motorists.

Yes, I have. I said so already.

I've been delayed by cyclists. Plural.

You were getting pedantic about question marks earlier. I think you may be missing one. I'm not making up a scenario. I drive regularly. You don't know my journeys, so are in no position to pontificate on them.

Are you some sort of self-appointed expert on the nature of all road journeys now?! :D

No. It is actually about twenty miles in total. It was a regular commute for several months.

I didn't know that journeys came in 'likely lengths' now. :suspect:

Indeed. I called them a bunch. Like bananas. Maybe I should have called them something else as they had little regard for causing a tailback which could have been easily avoided with a hint of courtesy but they were those wannabe professional types that think they are superior to everyone else.

That can happen too.

That might be a little foolhardy. Rather like cyclists who want to push motorists around, I suppose.

Use of the highway.

Hopefully that'll do. Shouldn't think so, though... :roll:

Lol. I love this, someone taking Cyclones pedantry and trumping him.

I have no interest or input in to this thread, just that.

Thanks Shims.

My day. Made.

Today going down through Pitsmoor a work van of some sort turn right into a road when i was literally meters away, coming towards it. Its a good job I have disc brakes otherwise i would have been splatter all over his windscreen. I still hit the side of the van at the rear end. but i was only traveling at four/ five miles an hour at that point. (with both wheels locked up).

Still the driver knew full well what he was doing as i saw his grinning face lock at me during the whole maneuver.

he still drove off, with me shouting obscenities at him.

Get a cheap camera from ebay, then next time report it to the police. They will act.

Just don't post the video on the forum, it's not allowed.

When cyclists pay to be on the road, pay for insurance and obey road signs, then I might have more sympathy for them.

Angel1.

Yes of course anyone using the road should be insured for there own sake. Most cyclists have cars so it would be very easy to add a bike to there policy and gov policy to include road tax in car tax. :rant::rant:

I used to cycle a lot years ago. I have a perfectly good bike mothballed at the moment because until someone in power does something to separate cycles from cars common sense dictates that I owe it to myself and my family not to use it. It is a great pity, but it is too dangerous.

Yes of course anyone using the road should be insured for there own sake. Most cyclists have cars so it would be very easy to add a bike to there policy and gov policy to include road tax in car tax. :rant::rant:

Firstly, that's not how motor insurance works. Secondly, your point about tax doesn't make sense. ..can you explain what you mean?