Police action on motorists endangering cyclists

I would like to see more education regarding road craft with cyclists and lorries as part of a compulsory advanced driver scheme for drivers after 5 or 10 years of passing a test, people get lazy with their driving skills.

I find cars give me plenty of room but lorry drivers and bus drivers who are supposedly most tested give the least room.

Cyclists should also be educated about blind spots when driving a lorry, I have a lorry licence and there are blind spots that cyclists should be made aware of by taking a ride in a lorry to see for themselves.

I do agree though that there are some idiotic lorry drivers out there..

Cyclists riding dangerously, every single day. Period.

Motorists driving dangerously, every single day. Period.

Difference is one group pays hard earned brass to be on the road. The other pay bugger all.

I will let you decide which is which.

Angel1.

Difference is one group pays for travelling in big safe self propelled metal cage with air conditioning and other group has to use muscle power while exposed to elements to move.

You pay more and you get more, nothing wrong with that.

Poor cyclists are weeded out by natural selection, bad car drivers have more luck unfortunately.

What about cyclists who ignore the highway code and red lights ?

what about cyclists who try and ride down the side of vehicles to get to the front of the queue and scratch vehicles doing so ?

---------- Post added 17-09-2016 at 15:58 ----------

Correct. I have no time for cyclists

I totally agree with the anti cycling brigade.Try going out Derbyshire on sundays and watch the stupid antics of the numpties on bikes,they do their level best to create havoc.

Difference is one group pays hard earned brass to be on the road. The other pay bugger all.

Angel1.

The main difference is that one group performing badly can kill other road users.

Cyclists should also be educated about blind spots when driving a lorry, I have a lorry licence and there are blind spots that cyclists should be made aware of by taking a ride in a lorry to see for themselves.

I do agree though that there are some idiotic lorry drivers out there..

A partnership of (I think) transport for London and the met police set up a lorry (simulator maybe?)and got cyclists to sit in the drivers seat, with a "cyclist" setup behind them. Most didn't have a clue where they were. I'll try and find a link.

EDIT: here we go. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34115046

I totally agree with the anti cycling brigade.Try going out Derbyshire on sundays and watch the stupid antics of the numpties on bikes,they do their level best to create havoc.

Havoc? Is that what happens in Derbyshire on a Sunday?

You're talking uttet rubbish.

Just like the earlier poster who says cyclists contribute nothing to the upkeep of roads.

I have two cars and pay tax at the higher rate. I ride to work most days. So I'm producing less wear amd tear on the road surface but paying plenty in tax.

So I consider myself perfectly entitled to use the road whenever I choose. I could extend that argument to say that those who pay less tax should give way when I cycle past. Maybe an unemployed person should only be allowed onto the roads when us high rate taxpayers are tucked up in bed? After all, its all about contribution isn't it, Angelfire1

Angel1.

So if I pay £120 a year can I shoot at you?

Correct. I have no time for cyclists

Hiya Penny, you alright flower ? :wave:

Should an illegal tax-dodger be criticising those who are legally exempt from paying road tax, for not paying their taxes?