The tip of the iceberg?

Twenty-five young women in the UK, all of whom are hetereosexual and in their twenties, have opted for IVF in the past five years because they feel ready to be a parent, doctors told the Mail on Sunday.

Some who have had the "virgin births" said they made the decision because they were still waiting for the right partner - and a few said they were afraid of sex owing to psychosexual complications.

A survey in 2013 claimed that one in every 200 women in the US reported to have become pregnant without having had sexual intercourse.

I wonder if they could get IVF for free? Are we heading for a future where babies will be born in a laboratory?

This should be stopped, before it gets more popular.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/women-who-have-never-had-sex-give-virgin-birth-through-ivf-say-doctors-a6670101.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Gattaca, a 1997 Science Fiction film by Andrew Niccol which presents a society driven by IVF babies and genetic engineering. Sci-fi films are often a window into the future.

There's a grain of truth in that. I drove past a school chucking out time the other day. Practically everyone walked out, head bowed staring at a screen. I was very much reminded of a dr who episode!

Some who have had the "virgin births" said they made the decision because they were still waiting for the right partner - and a few said they were afraid of sex owing to psychosexual complications

What the...??!!!

Women who are afraid of sex, are not rounded enough adults to parent

What kind of nonsense will they teach their kids??

JeSUS :mad:

This IS actually because of jesus isn't it

For god's sakes!!

What the...??!!!

Women who are afraid of sex, are not rounded enough adults to parent

What kind of nonsense will they teach their kids??

JeSUS :mad:

This IS actually because of jesus isn't it

For god's sakes!!

I think that is quite insensitive.

There are lots of perfectly legitimate reasons why women might be afraid of sex, such as being abused as a child. It don't think it necessarily means they are not rounded enough to parent.

As with many things the Japanese society is ahead of the curve with this. Part of emancipation is that women want a self-deterministic right, which in my opinion is absolutely fine. If they don't want a man, they don't want a man, no issue at all.
Or just parenting on the cheap.