Do you feel more or less patriotic since the EU Referendum ?

Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?

• More patriotic
    • Less patriotic
    • No difference

Yes he/she is if that is how they identify. It's perfectly ok to identify as being exclusively English. Some people feel that way rightly or wrongly.

To most people their identity is very important and telling them they are wrong about it is not a good thing to do.

Quite right.

I'm proud of being Sheffield and Yorkshire.

I'm quietly (thanks to the extreme right) proud of being English,

I'm quite proud of being British.

I'm European whether I like it or not.

I'm all the above.

61% voted out.

That leaves 51,930 people who voted to remain. Isn't it unreasonable to suggest to what these 6,700 workers voted for? What if they didn't vote in the same way as the rest of the city?

Someone voted remain. Nearly 52,000 people.

Ez1234 or whatever, said they deserve what's coming to them. If the results showed that most of these workers voted to remain, would it still maintain this stance?

Doesn't matter how the workers voted at all. The government is using the same stance with regards to Scotland. They voted to stay in, but no one else cares and are being told they are going to go with the rest of the UK.

Therefore, the same logic applies. Sunderland DERSEVES what they get and I definitely won't be shedding a tear.

what did you put on your census form

I put English and on any other form, I cross out British and put English. I've always been English and will remain so despite being told "legally your British" people seem to accept everything they are told and I for one don't.

I put English and on any other form, I cross out British and put English. I've always been English and will remain so despite being told "legally your British" people seem to accept everything they are told and I for one don't.

actually no crossing out needed, there was a field for white other and box for the country, where i wrote english

Edited by phil752

Lazurus: as I understood it, if you were born in Scotland, N. Ireland, Wales or England, then you were British at birth. Not a sovereign country per se, but a grouping of countries.

You were born in the British Isles. I believe all people born so carry British passports, with an indication of which of the four countries they were born in.

I believe the one exception would be those born in the Republic of Ireland. Although still born in the British Isles, but not "Brits," which is the nickname we now have. Many are quite proud of it, when you look at the achievements of Britons, encompassing all four countries, over the past 250 years

Lazurus: as I understood it, if you were born in Scotland, N. Ireland, Wales or England, then you were British at birth. Not a sovereign country per se, but a grouping of countries.

You were born in the British Isles. I believe all people born so carry British passports, with an indication of which of the four countries they were born in.

I believe the one exception would be those born in the Republic of Ireland. Although still born in the British Isles, but not "Brits," which is the nickname we now have. Many are quite proud of it, when you look at the achievements of Britons, encompassing all four countries, over the past 250 years

I still prefer English, go live in Scotland for a while, it will make you feel more English.

---------- Post added 24-10-2016 at 20:56 ----------

Less patriotic. Millions of xenophobes. Laughing stock of Europe.

wow sorry for you loss of self-esteem.

Edited by phil752