Do you feel more or less patriotic since the EU Referendum ?

Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?

• More patriotic
    • Less patriotic
    • No difference

The terrorist attack on the Houses of Parliament and the tragic deaths of three innocents (so far), was awful. In the past, when the PM, whether Tory or Labour, spoke I felt they were my PM, even Cameron. I have to say I did not feel like that when Theresa May was speaking. Such is my disenchantment with British "democracy" and politicians.

Edited by Justin Smith

When are you leaving?

Unfortunately I have a business here. On the other hand, if it was possible for me to move my business to, say, Tenerife (I like the idea at this time of year...), it'd put three Sheffielder`s out of work. Would you want that ? It`s interesting, your attitude is typical of many Brexiteers, not bothered about the economy or the effect it has on other people.

I have to say, if I did move my business abroad I`d be more bothered about the effect on Sheffield, I`d not give a toss about the effect on Britain.

My patriotism cannot be affected by shoddy politicians.

I just feel the need to apologise for my fellow countrymen and women who let us down. Whether it is football hooliganism, littering and drunken tourists, always or sometimes British foreign policy past and present and the results of various elections and referendum's.

I know I am not personally responsible for any of the above but I am part of our nation.

Unfortunately I have a business here. On the other hand, if it was possible for me to move my business to, say, Tenerife (I like the idea at this time of year...), it'd put three Sheffielder`s out of work. Would you want that ? It`s interesting, your attitude is typical of many Brexiteers, not bothered about the economy or the effect it has on other people.

I have to say, if I did move my business abroad I`d be more bothered about the effect on Sheffield, I`d not give a toss about the effect on Britain.

What a rant of ignorance and arrogance.

What right does a simple question give you to make false assumptions and accusations?

What right does a simple question give you to make false assumptions and accusations?

I thought it was a rhetorical question.

With an incorrect assumption, with zero grounds for that assumption, that JS was leaving the county.

So not such a simple question.

. . . . and typical of the one dimensional thought processes of many.

Edited by Flanker7

Justin Smith wrote :

Actually it`s not a rant, and it`s certainly not "of ignorance". It`s factual, and, I note, you don`t answer it. You said "When are you leaving". The implication being you weren`t bothered about me or my family or any contribution we make to this country. It`s just unfortunate for you that I can mention a way some Sheffielders would directly lose out by me "leaving", and therefore your point rebounds on you..

It also occurs to me that your attitude is, in actual fact, that of most Brexiteers, and, most worryingly, the Government. When thy say "let`s unite and go forward together", they don`t actually mean it. What they mean is accept everything we say, we don`t intend to make any concessions to you or bother with your views in any way. And thus, I don`t feel Theresa May is my Prime Minister.

Edited by Justin Smith

There's an interesting theory that the British public were lied to when it came to voting in favour of joining the Common Market, that the idea of a Unified Europe with Brussels at the helm was the plan from the Beginning. Of course these theories are vehemently denied. The truth of what signing up to join this club actually meant to Britain was pretty much held in check until it was too late.

Politicians lie, they lie en route to power and they continue once they have it but we have no choice as we have to have a governing body. The referendum gave us choice and whether the truth was told or not, the choice was made however marginal the win was.

Now I voted leave and what I despise is the automatic assumption that I'm nothing more than a racist hell bent on restricting movement between borders. To be honest this issue doesn't concern me one iota, quite simply I wanted change, whom ever comes into this country is welcome if their intentions are to better their fortunes and England's as a whole.

There's an interesting theory that the British public were lied to when it came to voting in favour of joining the Common Market.

Your theory is neither interesting nor true.

There never was a vote as to whether or not to join.

The 1975 Referendum was on whether or not to remain.

So nobody "lied" to anybody when it came to voting in favour of joining the Common Market.