Do you feel more or less patriotic since the EU Referendum ?

Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Since the Referendum do you feel more or less patriotic ?

• More patriotic
    • Less patriotic
    • No difference

My patriotism cannot be affected by shoddy politicians.

I just feel the need to apologise for my fellow countrymen and women who let us down. Whether it is football hooliganism, littering and drunken tourists, always or sometimes British foreign policy past and present and the results of various elections and referendum's.

I know I am not personally responsible for any of the above but I am part of our nation.

but why should you be, why should any of us feel proud or negatively about an accident of birth? we didnt choose to be born here it just happened, we get on with things

Patriotism has definitely taken a body blow in recent months.

Since the referendum, and the realisation that a large proportion of the population do not live up to my expectations of them, and with a government that is hell bent on irreversibly destroying the country, it is hard to find enthusiasm.

I feel my country's name has been besmirched and dragged into the gutter.

It is not a pleasant way to end my days, knowing my country is not the place I thought it was.

But never mind, you have your imaginary 'sovereignty'.

But no matter you try to do, this country will never be the same as it was.

You were far better off in the EU, but you have made your collective bed, and now you must lay in it.

Sovereignty is not imaginary. It is the matter of who makes our laws. What could be more real?

It is all academic now, so it doesn't really matter does it?

Individuals will have little, or no role to play in the new system that will come out of this.

But this is taking it off topic.

It is all academic now, so it doesn't really matter does it?

Individuals will have little, or no role to play in the new system that will come out of this.

But this is taking it off topic.

What matters more than who makes our laws?

Has anyone other than Parliament presented an Act for Royal Assent in oh say the last hundred or so years?

No but if all main parties wave through EU-derived legislation with negligible scrutiny, that's not good enough for me.

No but if all main parties wave through EU-derived legislation with negligible scrutiny, that's not good enough for me.

So you are agree there are none then?

As such the only conclusion to be reached is that Parliament is indeed and always was through this period sovereign.

So you are agree there are none then?

As such the only conclusion to be reached is that Parliament is indeed and always was through this period sovereign.

What would happen if the UK parliament failed to enact an EU directive?

Would the EU withdraw it, or would various means be employed to get it enforced in the UK anyway?