Would you vote for an openly gay MP to be Prime Minster?

Would you vote for an openly gay MP to be Prime Minster?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for an openly gay MP to be Prime Minster?

• Yes I would
    • Get lost wouldn't waste my vote
    • Depends on personlity
    • Depends on policy

We have had women Prime Minsters a few northern men thrown into the mix. At present their are 35 openly gay MP's in all parties. Come an general election would you vote for an openly gay politician to be Prime Minister?

There are too many factors to take into account to make that a viable question. The leader would have to be of a party that you would vote for and that party would have had to vote them as leader first. You would also have to live in that MPs constituency, assuming of course that that constituency party had selected them in the first place. Then of course you would have to take into account the race and gender of said MP and how THAT would affect the voters

Given that all the factors manage to align themselves correctly then my answer would be yes.

Of course some people would. I was reading an article titled "brexit street" on the BBC. One woman there was attempting to understand politics "we've always been labour". When asked what she thought of corbyn "I'm not sure who that is".

So, if they had the correct coloured rosette they could be gay, short, tall, or Martian they'll get votes.

If that persons only policy or selling point would be open gayness - no way in hell.

I would prefer prime minister to be someone with political views and goals voted in based on that. You know - merit.

As for eastern Europe comment - Poland has openly gay city mayor, ex member of parliament and gay MPs.

Czechs have gays in parliament.

Slovaks too. And Lithuanians.

Latvians have gay minister.

I guess we are not progressive enough. We need to elect token gay fast.

Black muslim crossdressing gay would tick most boxes.

Is this some sort of leftie troll baiting tread?

Prime Ministers aren't directly elected anyway. Though some voters probably do vote for a party leader as if they were like French or American president, voters like that basically end up with egg all over their face when the president, like Cameron just now, ends up being a mere and very expendable leader of a political party that is much bigger than him.