Would you vote for an openly gay MP to be Prime Minster?

Would you vote for an openly gay MP to be Prime Minster?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote for an openly gay MP to be Prime Minster?

• Yes I would
    • Get lost wouldn't waste my vote
    • Depends on personlity
    • Depends on policy

We have had women Prime Minsters a few northern men thrown into the mix. At present their are 35 openly gay MP's in all parties. Come an general election would you vote for an openly gay politician to be Prime Minister?

Only if I thought they would be a good PM and member of parliament, and they represented my party of choice or had something special about them.

But no I wouldn't vote for them because they were gay.. or not gay

I voted yes because it was a yes or no question really (in my eyes anyway) where you are trying to highlight if there are any people who would vote against someone if they were gay. The bottom two answers are kind of obvious aren't they? I wouldn't have put them in at all.

I dunno, just as there are people who would not vote for someone specifically because they are gay, I think there are some who would vote specifically because they are gay. Not everyone has an interest in politics but some might just like to see a gay man/woman become prime minister, regardless of policy.

We have had women Prime Minsters a few northern men thrown into the mix. At present their are 35 openly gay MP's in all parties. Come an general election would you vote for an openly gay politician to be Prime Minister?

Yes, why would I not?! In fact, my only consideration would be whether he/she can do the job - sexuality would not come into it.

I dunno, just as there are people who would not vote for someone specifically because they are gay, I think there are some who would vote specifically because they are gay. Not everyone has an interest in politics but some might just like to see a gay man/woman become prime minister, regardless of policy.

Maybe, but I think only very very few people would have that viewpoint. Certainly not what could be inferred from this poll, as I agree that many will have answered the question as if it was a binary choice.

Maybe, but I think only very very few people would have that viewpoint. Certainly not what could be inferred from this poll, as I agree that many will have answered the question as if it was a binary choice.

There was a statistic floating about that Obama won about 95% of the black vote during the presidential election which supports what RootBooster posted.

However, the pink vote in the UK would not be as influential to the outcome of a UK election as the black vote was in America.

Well, you're answering a question directed at Shims there FJ.

But, okay, so what practical affect on your voting does the desire for an atheist prime minister or religious prime minister have (since to my knowledge all the party leaders claim to be practising Christians).

I'm not sure which desire this expresses

It would matter to me that they weren't religious.

Matter in a positive way or a negative way is unclear.