Fox Valley Retail Stocksbridge

BigRachel

once you been to fox valley you should go up in to stocksbridge and use the shops there a few nice coffee shops coffee apple, sarahs, a good butchers good greengrocers a fantastic pet shop (a lot better than pets at home) i know a fair few of these shops are struggling since fox valley opened not very fair to them

The only other branch of Ponti's kitchen is in Oxford Circus.

There is no other location in Wimbledon and with only two restaurants it's abit of a stretch to call it a 'chain restaurant' either :roll::roll::roll::roll:

You need to extend your Google research a bit further. The branch has closed along with Liverpool St and Lewisham. Possibly others but cannot be bothered to look for no reason :D

Looking on Google Maps there's a little cafe right outside, and two coffee shops in the retail park itself (as well as two restaurants)

This is a great little cafe, they do both hot and cold food,plenty to fill you and very good. Seating inside and out.

First and last visit on Friday last week. What's with the constant, unpleasant, tinny music both in and out of the shops? I need my brain to work when doing a necessary household items shop - not tinny music that simply drives me back out of the shop. Even the staff agreed that it is intrusive. Sorry - unless I know it has changed I will not bother to visit again. I vote with my feet. Might suit some but not all.

Shame as it is a lovely development.

First and last visit on Friday last week. What's with the constant, unpleasant, tinny music both in and out of the shops? I need my brain to work when doing a necessary household items shop - not tinny music that simply drives me back out of the shop. Even the staff agreed that it is intrusive. Sorry - unless I know it has changed I will not bother to visit again. I vote with my feet. Might suit some but not all.

Shame as it is a lovely development.

Sorry you don't like our new shopping centre. It won't suit everybody but I personally love it as do a lot of the locals and those from out of town as well. I hardly notice the music but I certainly don't find it "tinny". Again......each to their own.

You are certainly right in saying it's a lovely development though and perhaps one day in the future you might decide to visit again but if not then I think it will be your loss.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm interested to know what people think of the Fox Valley Friday Market, especially as there will also be a Fox Valley Tuesday Market from tomorrow (11.10.16). If you haven't been yet it's down by Aldi/Home Bargains. If you have been, did you like it? Why? If not, why not? I'd like to get some feedback before applying for a stall, and all comments will be gratefully appreciated! I guess this is what they mean by "Market Research" (sorry:roll:)

It's a retail park, just like all the other retail parks everywhere.

Same shops, same goods, same prices.

same same same same!

Everywhere is just turning into a carbon copy of the last place that a retail park sprung up.

No individuality, nothing new, nothing different apart from the fact it's a bit closer to home for some people.

Yawnsville to all of them!

(Sorry I'm feeling quite grumpy tonight, but having traveled all over the country, that's the way I see it)

What were you expecting, strip clubs an archery club and a sodding race track???

I didn't "expect" anything (other than what it is), but it would be a crowd puller if there was something unusual and un-complicated.

take for example B&M & Toothpaste...

Who in their right mind is going to go there and walk around that place just for that, then find out it it's the same price (or cheaper) at the local corner shop?

Just an example, but it is true for many,many things.

While I think on... Cat food too! It's HALF the price and hardly any walking around mazes to get it locally.

It's a retail park, just like all the other retail parks everywhere.

Same shops, same goods, same prices.

same same same same!

Everywhere is just turning into a carbon copy of the last place that a retail park sprung up.

No individuality, nothing new, nothing different apart from the fact it's a bit closer to home for some people.

Yawnsville to all of them!

(Sorry I'm feeling quite grumpy tonight, but having traveled all over the country, that's the way I see it)

Have you actually been to the place?

You bang on about "nothing new" and "same same same" but seem to totally disregard the fact that fox valley has several things different to your average bog standard retail park.

How about the independent department store, the selection of places to eat, the market stalls, the independent bike store, the selection of smaller boutique stores, the offices and other non retail business.

I totally disagree that its just "another retail park" its more like a modern take on a small town centre.

Of course there will be the familiar chains but that's what people want. Have you ever wondered why these chains get so big - because WE choose to shop there.

Fact is, its offers far far more than your Kilner Way and Meadowhall Retail type park, has more smaller and independent businesses than other places I have seen and will be a good addition to the local area.