Fox Valley Retail Stocksbridge

BigRachel

I didn't "expect" anything (other than what it is), but it would be a crowd puller if there was something unusual and un-complicated.

take for example B&M & Toothpaste...

Who in their right mind is going to go there and walk around that place just for that, then find out it it's the same price (or cheaper) at the local corner shop?

Just an example, but it is true for many,many things.

While I think on... Cat food too! It's HALF the price and hardly any walking around mazes to get it locally.

You don't like the place because of Toothpaste and Cat food??

Is there something wrong with you??

Have you actually been to the place?

Well they're moaning about the prices in B&M.

There is no B&M store in Fox Valley :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm interested to know what people think of the Fox Valley Friday Market, especially as there will also be a Fox Valley Tuesday Market from tomorrow (11.10.16). If you haven't been yet it's down by Aldi/Home Bargains. If you have been, did you like it? Why? If not, why not? I'd like to get some feedback before applying for a stall, and all comments will be gratefully appreciated! I guess this is what they mean by "Market Research" (sorry:roll:)

Unfortunately both the market days (as I think they're now doing it Tuesdays as well) are on week day day times.

Anyone who like me is out at work during the week, can't ever go.

So basically I couldn't comment on what they're like as us working people are totally excluded!

---------- Post added 11-10-2016 at 11:11 ----------

You don't like the place because of Toothpaste and Cat food??

Is there something wrong with you??

Well they're moaning about the prices in B&M.

There is no B&M store in Fox Valley :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I'm not sure they've ever been as in Fox Valley there are a number of very uncommon and/or independent shops (mixed in with common ones)

Unfortunately both the market days (as I think they're now doing it Tuesdays as well) are on week day day times.

Anyone who like me is out at work during the week, can't ever go.

So basically I couldn't comment on what they're like as us working people are totally excluded!

Same for places like Chapeltown as well though, they have a market day during the week there.

Don't know why it's not held on a Saturday morning?

Same for places like Chapeltown as well though, they have a market day during the week there.

I know that would be really good, I'd like to have a wander round on a saturday morning, maybe have a breakfast out too.

I have just walked through the market area and it is almost deserted, as for the new Boutique store, it is ok if you have got the money to spend there, same with the places to eat, expensive. my colleague ate there last week, 2 meals (1 was a salad and 2 drinks £44.00, could have gone to Greggs and bought all the office dinner

On the occasion that I've been to Fox Valley on a Saturday, there hasn't been any space left in the car park. So I would suppose the reason is that they don't need to draw in extra customers at the weekend.

I have just walked through the market area and it is almost deserted, as for the new Boutique store, it is ok if you have got the money to spend there, same with the places to eat, expensive. my colleague ate there last week, 2 meals (1 was a salad and 2 drinks £44.00, could have gone to Greggs and bought all the office dinner

I am not putting down your opinion but I do get amused when I see so many people on this forum demanding quality shops, demanding premium brands, complaining they are fed up with the cheap downmarket chains all the time, complaining that nothing good ever comes to Sheffield

...then when something does open people complain its too expensive, nobody can afford it etc.

It happens all the time.

I went last week with a friend, its ok, but not many decent places to have a sandwich and a cup of tea, ended up in Gregs, also there are no public toilets, but overall its seems a nice place.

Come on look more carefully we came across several places to have a sandwich

And a tea or coffee! Fantastic public toilets best I've ever seen go up the stairs next to the Italian restaurant! like you say it's a nice place.