Dog mess mugger

I notice the miscreant mugger is doing a stretch of "4 years" for the mugging, but it will run concurrently with a stretch of 7 years he is doing for multiple burglaries.......

The "4 year" sentence is thus irrelevant.

He will be out in 3 years or so anyway.

Why on earth was he not sentenced to serve the 4 years consecutively?

This guy is an out and out menace to our Society.........he should be doing 11 years full term and no parole........

No wonder British "Justice" is considered to be an out and out farce.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4974374.stm.

David Carlisle, 32, forced 52-year-old Marion Budd to hand over the bags at knifepoint last July as she walked her dog in Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol.

When he realised what he had taken, Carlisle, a drug addict and father-of -four, fled the scene empty-handed.

His four-year sentence will run concurrently with the seven-year term he is already serving for multiple burglaries.

Bristol Magistrates heard Carlisle, of no fixed address, jumped out of a car and thrust the knife at Ms Budd, and ordered her to hand over her bags.

he was 32 yeays old, a drug addict,

father of 4,

held a knife to 52 year old woman,

commited mutipiple burglaries,

and left the car unattended.

of no fixed address.

and he only got 7 +4 years. he will do exactly the same again when he comes out of prison. i bet the car was not even taxed and insured.

I notice the miscreant mugger is doing a stretch of "4 years" for the mugging, but it will run concurrently with a stretch of 7 years he is doing for multiple burglaries.......

This guy is an out and out menace to our Society.........he should be doing 11 years full term and no parole........

Isn't this sort of sentencing more to do with clearing up old crime figures than justice. A crim wouldn't ask for a hundred other offences to be considered if he got a year each, one after the other, but would do if they ran concurrently.

Fine for petty crimes I suppose but for serious crimes it makes a mockery of the process. If you are going to get caught for a burglary, may as well do some muggings, a few assaults and a rape - after all, no matter how many crimes you commit you'll just serve the one term of imprisonment.

Isn't this sort of sentencing more to do with clearing up old crime figures than justice. A crim wouldn't ask for a hundred other offences to be considered if he got a year each, one after the other, but would do if they ran concurrently.

Fine for petty crimes I suppose but for serious crimes it makes a mockery of the process. If you are going to get caught for a burglary, may as well do some muggings, a few assaults and a rape - after all, no matter how many crimes you commit you'll just serve the one term of imprisonment.

Like you say, clears some crime figures - I expect a few of them admit to a variety of crimes they never even heard of for a cup of tea and an easier interview.

There should be no such thing as concurrent sentences.

• 5 years later...

When muggers steal from people: they steal a lot more from the taxpayer in terms of court and prison costs than from their victim.

Archived