Sheffield ranked 3rd for road rage

rudds1

what constitutes a "road-rage" incident?

Somebody beeping their horn at a driver who has fallen asleep at the lights?

I do that several times a day (beeping my horn at drivers that have fallen asleep, not falling asleep at the wheel myself).

I can sort of believe this... I quite often see lots of agg heads driving around either shouting, beeping, frowning and waving their fingers on Sheffield Roads!!

In fact, one of my dearest and sweetest friends has horrendous road rage! She's such a wonderful person and so quiet but as soon as she's behind the wheel she becomes possessed by Bellona :hihi:

I do believe there is a lot of hidden ragers amongst us..

Wow what a study. This survey is from YouGov and they surveyed 2086 drivers.

Either close this topic or continue the conservation knowing that coming to such great national conclusions based on 149 people average per city surveyed must be as accurate as guessing next lottery.

So the definition of "road rage" is a self reported survey where the respondent said that they "felt angry whilst driving".

That's not the normally understood definition of road rage (AFAIK).

I remember a documentary about road rage a few years ago where one of the main subjects being filmed was a middle aged man, driving around London. He was moaning mainly about people holding him up. However, it struck me that he was actually quite courteous, letting others out etc. He was mouthing off to himself, and this appeared to constitute road rage in the eyes of the programme. It didn't look like that to me. He looked to be a good, smooth, considerate driver.

Quite strange, only this morning I was thinking of starting a thread something like " The power of a wave".

The reason being is if a motorist cuts in or does something really stupid he/she only has to give me a wave and all is forgiven. Likewise I'm always ready to acknowledge my shortcomings with a wave and find people very reasonable. Do You?

If I don't get a wave when I let someone in I feel a bit miffed though.

The reason being is if a motorist cuts in or does something really stupid he/she only has to give me a wave and all is forgiven..

Very good point, I was training a learner driver once and wow, Sheffield drivers were very forgiving after being forced to perform emergency-stops :blush: