Amber Rudd - no surprise.

Yeah everyone is just jealous of her. Shut down the debate. Move along. Nothing to see here. Tax avoiders are the salt of the earth etc... etc...

Tax avoidance is NOT illegal

---------- Post added 22-09-2016 at 21:31 ----------

The article about Amber Fudd, stated that she led a, more than one, company that broke the law in regard to share rigging.

That has nowt to do with the amount of tax she may or may not have paid .

Do you pay more tax than you have to ?

I pay the least amount i can get away with. Nowt wrong with that .

Didn't you once boast in here that you buy tobacco that didn't have any duty paid on it - that's duty fraud. Still I bet you'd be outraged if some poor sod claimed a penny more in benefits than they were entitled to :rolleyes:

Didn't you once boast in here that you buy tobacco that didn't have any duty paid on it - that's duty fraud. Still I bet you'd be outraged if some poor sod claimed a penny more in benefits than they were entitled to :rolleyes:

He's also stated he pays builders and sparks cash to avoid paying VAT, which is VAT fraud.

Tax avoidance is NOT illegal .

That rather depends on whether something dressed up as tax avoidance is really tax evasion.

But anyway that isn't relevant to this discussion because inconveniently for you nobody is making that accusation.

What I would like to know:

1. Would the activities of her companies have been legal in the UK at the time

2. How long did she remain as a director of Monticello after her fellow director was imprisoned

Fair questions I think. No accusations. I just want to form an opinion of her moral fibre and suitability for high office. It is our right to ask questions.

That rather depends on whether something dressed up as tax avoidance is really tax evasion.

But anyway that isn't relevant to this discussion because inconveniently for you nobody is making that accusation.

What I would like to know:

1. Would the activities of her companies have been legal in the UK at the time

2. How long did she remain as a director of Monticello after her fellow director was imprisoned

Fair questions I think. No accusations. I just want to form an opinion of her moral fibre and suitability for high office. It is our right to ask questions.

Then if it is it will be investigated and those charged, on this occasion she wasnt?

1. maybe if they had followed uk tax laws.

2. why does that matter if she had done nothing wrong.

fair questions and fair answers. why is it your right to ask about someones private tax affairs? are you a tax investigator? can we ask about yours?

Then if it is it will be investigated and those charged, on this occasion she wasnt?

1. maybe if they had followed uk tax laws.

2. why does that matter if she had done nothing wrong.

fair questions and fair answers. why is it your right to ask about someones private tax affairs? are you a tax investigator? can we ask about yours?

Here we go, stock arguments again:

Tax avoidance is legal

Taxes are private

Tell us about your tax

etc...

etc...

Boring. Pointless. Try again....

The difference between me and Amber Rudd is I'm not in high political office. All she has to do is add some clarification.

Fine. What's the problem. Do those criticising, wake up one morning and say "you know what? I'm going to the tax office to pay some extra tax"? Perhaps they do, but more fool them.

You miss the point.

People do wake up and think how they can reduce their taxes. This is taken to the extreme where they use all methods to avoid tax. That is what is levelled at the Tories [she's the latest] who pontificate on the moral rights and wrongs in public while lining their own pockets privately. Usually it's their expenses. Now it's personal income tax.

Hence, she doesn't comment on her tax evading recent past. Hypocracy is something to be hidden like her tax returns. She's dishonest, deceitful and unfit for public office.

You simply can't see or refuse to see the actual issue being debated.

You miss the point.

People do wake up and think how they can reduce their taxes. This is taken to the extreme where they use all methods to avoid tax. That is what is levelled at the Tories [she's the latest] who pontificate on the moral rights and wrongs in public while lining their own pockets privately. Usually it's their expenses. Now it's personal income tax.

Hence, she doesn't comment on her tax evading recent past. Hypocracy is something to be hidden like her tax returns. She's dishonest, deceitful and unfit for public office.

You simply can't see or refuse to see the actual issue being debated.

Seriously - are you accusing her of Tax evasion? Do you have evidence, or are you just libelling her?