What have you bought but never used ?

There is bit more to it than that Hauxwell. When you bake your own bread there health advantages. There is quite a lot of salt in bread that is bought. It also has additives/preservatives in and the E number chemicals. Also palm oil is in most brands which is high in cholesterol.

If you have the patience to clean the device afterwards I`d say go for it if you eat a lot of bread.

There is bit more to it than that Hauxwell. When you bake your own bread there health advantages. There is quite a lot of salt in bread that is bought. It also has additives/preservatives in and the E number chemicals. Also palm oil is in most brands which is high in cholesterol.

If you have the patience to clean the device afterwards I`d say go for it if you eat a lot of bread.

I did not realise that palm oil was used in most brands of bread. I have stopped getting spreadable butter because it contains Palm oil, I hate how the rain forests are being destroyed to produce it, but then it is used in most things.

I do love home made bread although I do not make it. My friend got me thinking about getting one, she used it during the night and would wake up to the lovely smell of bread. So I will have to go and do my homework on breadmakers.

Irish Soda Bread is ok, doesn't have yeast in it, Sainsburys sell it or used to

I make it from scratch in minutes. Flour (whatever kind/kinds you want), buttermilk, bit of salt and baking soda. Nice if you add sun dried tomatoes, olives or Stilton too!

About fifty minutes in a hottish oven.

I did not realise that palm oil was used in most brands of bread. I have stopped getting spreadable butter because it contains Palm oil, I hate how the rain forests are being destroyed to produce it, but then it is used in most things.

I do love home made bread although I do not make it. My friend got me thinking about getting one, she used it during the night and would wake up to the lovely smell of bread. So I will have to go and do my homework on breadmakers.

I was surprised recently how much of the popular chocolate like Cadburys and Galaxy has vegetable oil (sometimes palm oil) in it. It is hard to find chocolate without this added.

Now I know it is there, I feel like I can taste it, the chocolate tastes greasy.

My favourite, Magic Stars don't have it on the ingredients list though :banana: