Does anyone recall the Granville Inn ?

crookedspire

Seen a nice photo of the Granville Inn it was a striking building sat on it's corner very much like the Three Tuns pub doe's. The address was Granville Street and Norfolk Street?

That should be 'Norwich Street' in the Park area, which was all demolished to make way for the 'Park Hill Flats'.

Here is a link to a picturesheffield.com photo. The information on the back of the photo reads "Granville Inn - Tenanted house ... Very old fashioned front facing railway ... Tiled (?) bar - old fashioned. One old smoke room and another smoke room at front. 5 pumps. Concert room only for weddings and receptions. Club room, 1st floor..."

Here is a link to a picturesheffield.com photo. The information on the back of the photo reads "Granville Inn - Tenanted house ... Very old fashioned front facing railway ... Tiled (?) bar - old fashioned. One old smoke room and another smoke room at front. 5 pumps. Concert room only for weddings and receptions. Club room, 1st floor..."

Thank you Mr.H. and the sign outside says 'Brampton Ales'. well that's a new one to me !

Thank you Mr.H. and the sign outside says 'Brampton Ales'. well that's a new one to me !

That's what got my attention I know bits about Brampton brewery but was not aware they had any pubs in Sheffield which I thought was odd. Mr H ( thanks) photo link is the photo Iv seen quite an impressive building almost a ship's bow in design.

That's what got my attention I know bits about Brampton brewery but was not aware they had any pubs in Sheffield which I thought was odd. Mr H ( thanks) photo link is the photo Iv seen quite an impressive building almost a ship's bow in design.

Isn't Brampton an area of Chesterfield, perhaps a clue there Mr.C. ?

Me too - it's a Chesterfield brewery. I assume the present-day brewery is the same firm - the 1912 Chesterfield directory shows it on Chatsworth Road like the modern Brampton Brewery.[/QUO

Yes Mr H. and their headline is 'Under the dreaming spires' ! 'Spire' Chesterfield yes, Spires (plural) ?? Dreaming Spires ????

I assume there is such a place, but north east Derbyshire is not hitting me just now !

Edited by stpetre
Add