Aldi VS Lidi which offers the best value?

Nothing to choose between them,both sell cheap poor quality rubbish.

Iv brought items from well know supermarkets were much is made about how good their products are only to have taken them back for a refund. Yes theirs is a few items in both stores that I would not touch with a pole but thats everywhere. I used to shop in Netto years ago never had one problem nor I have had with Aldi or Lidi .

---------- Post added 23-09-2016 at 17:31 ----------

Its not just the products I find mostly rubbish,the entire shopping experience also matches it.

I don't do ' shopping experience' I'm food shopping not going to a food fashion show.:hihi:

Iv brought items from well know supermarkets were much is made about how good their products are only to have taken them back for a refund. Yes theirs is a few items in both stores that I would not touch with a pole but thats everywhere. I used to shop in Netto years ago never had one problem nor I have had with Aldi or Lidi .

I don't do ' shopping experience' I'm food shopping not going to a food fashion show.:hihi:

:hihi::hihi:

Presses like button for last comment,you do get some shop snobs though.

Shopped at Aldi since our local branch opened. Never had any problem with the products. The meat comes from British farms. This cannot be said for our local butcher..No delay at the checkouts due to staff having a long chat with the customers.

Both are great value and I sincerely believe one the big boys will go bust in the next 5 years, probably Tesco as they cannot stand the competition for Liddle and Aldi

I think that's very ture , I believe if Netto had not pulled out of the country when they did and opened the market for Aldi or Lidi its unlikely that the latter two would have taken off has they have done. Netto tryed to come back but their market was already taken by Aldi and Lidi too late in the day for a stab at their old market .Tesco have grown to the point its got too big they have cut down on their plans and food lines and oddly cut down on their ' Everyday Value ' range which was designed to get the budget shopper in store and an counter weight to shops like Netto. Which of the big boys will fall first I don't know but the market can only take so much.

---------- Post added 23-09-2016 at 21:54 ----------

Presses like button for last comment,you do get some shop snobs though.

Your welcome :)

Nothing wrong with Aldi stuff. Don't know lidl. The odd dud product every once in a while. They almost always site them next to the more expensive supermarkets so get what you can from Aldi then over to the Tesco or whatever for the stuff Aldi either don't have or you just prefer from Tesco.

Save yourself 20% on the weeks food shopping easily if not more.

Tend to buy different things in each as they stock different items, for example the soya milk in Aldi is good value but the stuff in Lidl is cack. Whereas the Greek olive oil in Lidl is really good. Generally Lidl's Greek range is right good. The Aldi 8 year old whisky is good value too.