Supermarket etiquette

RJRB

It's too busy, and most of the customers are like the customers who I pick up in cab who I consider to be either potential snobs/act in a snobbish manner/ or who are in fact, snobs.

*(apart from my parents)

Cheap Guacamole though:)

Not ventured to the Parsonian outposts for quite a while now that it's apparently illegal to carry (smallish) handguns … I'm on about Tesco on Abbeydale Road!

Ah that one. I don't go there anymore either, never enough staff on. Though saying that I know a few of them, great peoples :)

---------- Post added 27-09-2016 at 23:50 ----------

Cheap Guacamole though:)

Most customers like I mentioned tend to go on about 'hmms' more often than guacamole.

The shorter they pronounce it [houmous], the more annoying and dislikeable I tend to find them. Never any manners. Never please or thank you when getting in and out.

Nah it happens in sainsburys too!

To counteract your comment, isnt it rather annoying when someone has already paid but they take a very long time to move off? I'm going to admit this and you'll not like it but if someone is lingering around for too long i will put my bags down in the packing bit as a subtle way to say SHIFT!!!! ;)

Ah yes, but I'm an efficient packer, card at the ready, and off once I've paid. It's like the people who jostle with their trolleys in the vain hope it'll make the queue move more quickly. Raises eyebrows re the people who have to pack everything slowly then scrabble for money/card

Sainsbury's has become my supermarket of choice, it's a more relaxed environment, rarely very busy, and no tram gates!

People who allow kids to STAND in trollies...Yuk. Time was when they had pictures on the handle saying what you shouldn't do, that was one of them.

---------- Post added 28-09-2016 at 08:13 ----------

People who allow kids to STAND in trollies...Yuk. Time was when they had pictures on the handle saying what you shouldn't do, that was one of them.

---------- Post added 28-09-2016 at 08:14 ----------

....oops! Hit the send key twice.

I was in Tesco the other day looking at the cat food and some woman just came along the aisle with her trolley and stood right in front of me. I must have been about a foot behind her staring at the back of her head. She just stood there browsing for about 20secs took a tin of cat food then walked off.

For once i was absolutely speechless. :hihi:

Edited by SkylinePhoto

Another I just encountered...

You leave the queue, you can't expect to come back after you wondered up to the other end of the store, and get back in to your same place in the queue...

I was at the back of the queue, the person in question was 2 in front of me, I heard her say "i'll be back in a second" and left, I watched as she walked all the way to the opposite end of the store, and disappeared... She was a good 3 or 4 minutes, then wondered back, and got back in to where she was... by this time, there was about another 10 people behind me.... I heard a few of them moan to each other about her, I even said something, and just got a backlash from her....

The best way to get around this is wait until you've put your goods on the conveyer belt THEN go and get what you need, if you're lucky the cashier will pack your things whilst you're gone :)

---------- Post added 28-09-2016 at 15:13 ----------

I've also thought of another pet hate of mine!

Those young lads or lasses stood at the end of the packing area asking if you want your bags packing in exchange for some change for their charity bucket.. Now, it's not the little lovelies i don't like or even the charity they are collecting for, tis the way they pack your bags!!!!!

If any of you are like me you'll be OCD when it comes to how you pack your trolley to how you put your items on the conveyer belt and then to how you pack your bags.. If i see someone pack their bags with no regards at all to the items going in the bags (eg. packing bleach with bread!!!!!!!!!!) i come out in sweats... My nerves just can't handle to aggro! there is a system and i MUST stick with that system otherwise my whole day is ruined :) x

The best way to get around this is wait until you've put your goods on the conveyer belt THEN go and get what you need, if you're lucky the cashier will pack your things whilst you're gone :)

---------- Post added 28-09-2016 at 15:13 ----------

I've also thought of another pet hate of mine!

Those young lads or lasses stood at the end of the packing area asking if you want your bags packing in exchange for some change for their charity bucket.. Now, it's not the little lovelies i don't like or even the charity they are collecting for, tis the way they pack your bags!!!!!

If any of you are like me you'll be OCD when it comes to how you pack your trolley to how you put your items on the conveyer belt and then to how you pack your bags.. If i see someone pack their bags with no regards at all to the items going in the bags (eg. packing bleach with bread!!!!!!!!!!) i come out in sweats... My nerves just can't handle to aggro! there is a system and i MUST stick with that system otherwise my whole day is ruined :) x

Agree and for the same reason. Though when I politely decline help I am hoping they wander off to another checkout so it disturbs me when they stay and get in the way. Nonetheless I always put change in their buckets.

I don't like people that don't put trolleys tidily back in the bays. One row for big ones and one row for little ones and a space free for those weird trolleys or a second row for either of the first two types for when full. Not just abandoned there at stupid angles. Grrrr!

I like to start loading up the conveyor belt behind the person in front without putting a "next customer" sign in between. I do leave a bit of a space between theirs and my shopping, but the panic in their face is priceless that they somehow think that the checkout operator might carry on and start scanning my shopping as well.

I like to start loading up the conveyor belt behind the person in front without putting a "next customer" sign in between. I do leave a bit of a space between theirs and my shopping, but the panic in their face is priceless that they somehow think that the checkout operator might carry on and start scanning my shopping as well.

I think the onus is on the shopper in front to place the divider. It annoys me when people in front don't.