Historic street cobbles removed why?

That'll be because it's in a conservation area (as opposed to an Amey conversation area, which is where 3 blokes stand around talking while another bloke does some actual work). I thought they did a bit of a crap job, most of what were the yellow lines down the side of the road are now scattered about in the middle of it.

These lines get about quite a bit don't they?

Not that long ago, some white dotted ones magically appeared along Sandygate Road, from Lodge Moor to Crosspool. Even more magically, they realised that they'd been put in totally the wrong place by incompetents, and moved four or five foot to the left (depending on which way you're going) to enable the free flow of traffic. God knows how much it'd've cost to remove/replace them manually.

Why hold a meeting after they've ripped them out already?

Annoyingly, they've had plenty of time to consider what to do about these cobbles.

I raised the issue with Amey back in April when they started removing flagstones.

There were also raised cartwheel stops all the way down this street!

Edited by daniel_77

Why the hell would we want cobbled streets as opposed to tarmac?

Depends on the street. If its a quaint historic shopping thoroughfare, then it adds to the charm.

I Googled Cornish Street and was very disappointed at what I saw:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3897777,-1.4769649,3a,75y,345.35h,71.52t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smiOvjHUqVqU0ofee-CjKsQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656