End of a music era

i play deep/jackin house and i struggle to find anywhere in Sheffield to buy from!!

Hi there - if you haven't already, please come and check out Lowlife & Natural Shy above The Harley Hotel on Glossop Rd. We have a good stock of, and are ordering in new deep house and disco edits.. why pay for postage from Internet sites or extortionate prices from more unscrupulous stores? Hope to be seeing you soon.. :D

Hi there - if you haven't already, please come and check out Lowlife & Natural Shy above The Harley Hotel on Glossop Rd. We have a good stock of, and are ordering in new deep house and disco edits.. why pay for postage from Internet sites or extortionate prices from more unscrupulous stores? Hope to be seeing you soon.. :D

Some excellent slabs of vinyl to be sure. In fact, if that Kerri Chandler 12 is still in I'll race grownsy on my lunch...

I'm sorry, but how could you equate Cool Wax closing to the "end of a music era"? It's rubbish - second only to Reflex in terms of utter sh*tness. The Store closing affected music in Shef greatly. But Cool Wax?

Yeah, agreed there, I go in quite a lot in case they suprise me, but rarely come out buying anything. If you don't like funky house or hardhouse/trance/dance (or whatever they call such rubbish lately) then it's not worth bothering with.

Natural Shy/Lowlife is the way forwards! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

not every record store will cater for the needs of others as there are too many genres, I went into cool wax records yesterday I have been going for sometime now, since it was co owned a few years ago, to be honest I have never had a problem. the tracks I want are not there but that might have something to do with the fact that they are deleted. coolwax is a very good little shop I myself find that there are alot of tracks iun there that other places such as HMV, and Virgin dont have and Reflex even. some nice Domonde in there. I like trance and altho there is a trance section there will be no longer as Trance is "on its ass", I was aproched by the member of staff who informed me off all the reasons why trance is dying then pointed me in the right direction of Breaks and Electro house as a substitue, done because I asked the simple question "what should I get into" am sorry but anyone who does want to say that cool wax isnt good for customer service and Burburry Hoodies or whatever are somewhat miss guided.

anyone that says they never smile, why is It i can have a laugh, infact the shop owner was waiting for me to leave lastnight he didnt shut on time he was later, so how is customer service shocking if a guy picks out tunes, fresh tunes aswell, then leaves the shop open while you decided and extra 10 minutes, we even had a laugh about how I myself wanted to own a record shop. as for the stock your going to get that anywhere that isnt Chemical, HTFR or Jono because people canot stock every track available, it would be great to go in with 5 records in mind and walk out with them but to be honest it isnt going to happen and not anywhere.

Fact is I got Mistral from Coolwax. So am happy

popped down the hole in the road just the other day to find Wolf records wasnt there any longer. Well miffed as I had a fistfull of pound notes to bust loose.

Yeah but they weren't even supporting formats like 78s or wax cylinders anyway. It's all "45s this" and "pop parade" that. Ooh it makes my blood boil. Fancy a trip to the Wimpy Maz?

Having found myself travelling to buy the records I wanted (I hate internet record shopping, where's the fun?) the one above the Harley has sorted things out. Nice people, good tunes of all sorts and you can have a beer whilst you browse. Plus they don't make you feel like ur out of order for stepping in their shop and listening to their music. Sheffield's been lacking this type of establishment for ages and I reckon with support from its customers it'll be just as good as anywhere in Manc or Leeds.

anyone that says they never smile, why is It i can have a laugh, infact the shop owner was waiting for me to leave lastnight he didnt shut on time he was later, so how is customer service shocking if a guy picks out tunes, fresh tunes aswell, then leaves the shop open while you decided and extra 10 minutes, we even had a laugh about how I myself wanted to own a record shop.

all good stuff, im feeling your passion about their cuntomer service, but whats with the grammar? surely this isnt a sentence^^

i found it really difficult to read. have a wrod with yourslef young man

• 1 month later...

Archived