Vitamin D deficency

Yes Daven as us women get older are bones stop being as dense and easily fracture. We normally get our vit D from sunlight and dairy produce. Years ago lots of children had rickets which was due to lack of this vitamin and these days it is rearing its head again because of the amount of children staying indoors playing computer games all the time. Hope you will be feeling better soon with your vitamins. Good luck

Thank you to all who have replied, Iv'e been under the doctor for this problem since June when I passed out at work and

was hospitalized overnight for severe high blood pressure 201/120, I'm being treated for this since then

and the pressure is now down, blood sugar levels where checked at the time and are normal, however my symtoms

have gradually got worse and as they are consistant with B12 deficency I requested if I could be tested for that, they however

tested for everything and the only thing that came back abnormal was Vit D. So Iv'e since done some reading on Vit D deficency

and one the symtoms is high blood pressure so Im feeling a bit annoyed that I wasnt tested for it sooner, I think because I worked

in a pub at the time they assumed I was an alcholic. I had to pack my job up because I don't have the strength to stand let alone

work. Talking about the sun since menapuse I cant lay out in the sun anymore because the heat is unbareable but up untill this

episode I went out everyday and in summer I wear a vest type top and shorts, as for food I think I eat pretty well a hot meal

every day with meat, chicken and fish of some sort, veg's, fruit. some people for what ever reason cant absorb vitamins

and I think I must be one of them, I just wanted to know if any one a similar experience and how long for recovery as its getting

me down Im going to be 60 next week and my dads 83 I used to see him 4 times a week but not seen him for 4 months.

once again thank you for all replies.

I was told that it can take a few months of taking the Vitamin D to start to feel better sadly.

As I said in an earlier post, I have been very lucky to have 2 holidays abroad this year and I have been more mindful of being outside in the sunshine whilst at home so I think my Vitamin D levels are fine at the moment.

Now that the days are getting shorter and cooler I have started back on the Vitamin D supplements which, hopefully, will keep me 'topped up' over the winter months.

Persevere with the tablets and I hope you start to feel better soon.

Happy Birthday by the way ! X

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 11:31 ----------

Yes Daven as us women get older are bones stop being as dense and easily fracture. We normally get our vit D from sunlight and dairy produce. Years ago lots of children had rickets which was due to lack of this vitamin and these days it is rearing its head again because of the amount of children staying indoors playing computer games all the time. Hope you will be feeling better soon with your vitamins. Good luck

Thank you X

I was told that it can take a few months of taking the Vitamin D to start to feel better sadly.

As I said in an earlier post, I have been very lucky to have 2 holidays abroad this year and I have been more mindful of being outside in the sunshine whilst at home so I think my Vitamin D levels are fine at the moment.

Now that the days are getting shorter and cooler I have started back on the Vitamin D supplements which, hopefully, will keep me 'topped up' over the winter months.

Persevere with the tablets and I hope you start to feel better soon.

Happy Birthday by the way ! X

---------- Post added 02-10-2016 at 11:31 ----------

Thank you X[/quote thank you