Buying a rubber stamp & ink set locally?

Janus

I`m going to have a look online to see if I can order a rubber stamp & ink set, but I wondered if anyone knows where I could have one made up locally-Sheffield or not too far away.

I’ve looked at some older threads on here (one is from 2006 though) and pennyholme crafts is mentioned. Also Minuteman in a more recent thread 2012. Any others local? Thanks.

Thanks for these suggestions. I`ve made a note and will check them out.

Alcoblob-As I’m wanting a stamp that is quite permanent and reliable, would I need to use King Edwards for example, or could it be any spud you like?

Thanks for these suggestions. I`ve made a note and will check them out.

Alcoblob-As I’m wanting a stamp that is quite permanent and reliable, would I need to use King Edwards for example, or could it be any spud you like?

Frozen chips last pretty long … I've got some at the back of my freezer that say 1s 6d on the bag.

The perfectly square ones are brill for potato typesetting if you carve individual letters into the ends of a bag full of 'em like this … a,b,c,d,e,f etcetera (you get the idea). Just fasten the appropriate chip-types together (forming the desired word) with a spare loom band and dip on the ink pad.

Frozen chips last pretty long … I've got some at the back of my freezer that say 1s 6d on the bag.

The perfectly square ones are brill for potato typesetting if you carve individual letters into the ends of a bag full of 'em like this … a,b,c,d,e,f etcetera (you get the idea). Just fasten the appropriate chip-types together (forming the desired word) with a spare loom band and dip on the ink pad.

:thumbsup:

And for a further cost-saving idea...

... how about filling your ink pad with some of that lovely free ink you get the next time you have calamari on toast for your tea? :idea:

Disclaimer:

Not suitable for use in ink-jet printers, so don't try this at home! :(