Yodel - Item not delivered, driver has signed in my name!

I was expecting a delivery from Yodel yesterday during the day. I wasn't in at noon and I got a text from Yodel stating "Item has been delivered". That had me surprised, because the parcel wasn't small enough to be posted through the letter box. Anyway, I come home in the evening and there is no parcel in sight, and no note through the letter box either. I checked the Yodel website for online tracking, and the website showed the status "Item has been delivered" along with cross (what looked liked an error sign) saying "Your parcel requires a signature".

I then contacted Yodel over online chat and asked them what was going on. The CS representative first tried to tell me it was perhaps delivered to a neighbour. Which one, I asked - as there was no note advising me of that. She asked me to check with all possible neighbours!!! I then asked her to check the signature on the delivery receipt, as that could help us figure out who had received it. To my surprise, it was signed in my name!

Yodel have now said they would "interview the driver" to find out about the parcel being delivered, and that it would take around two days.

I then checked with my neighbours on both sides, and none of them had received anything.

It's one thing for the driver to sign his name and state that he has either posted through the letterbox, or handed it to a neighbour. But signing the recipient's name sounds like forgery or cheating to me. Is it even legal for a delivery person to sign of behalf of the recipient? Any advise on what I can do now?

They probably left if outside your property for all to see and someone has walked off with it. Yodel have done this to me before, leaving a parcel in the middle of my drive (for all to see), fortunately it wasn't taken.

The above was one many bad experiences I have had with Yodel. I had parcel with 'fragile' written on the box lobbed over my fence on to my back garden. I have had parcels placed in the bin and they have even tried to force some parcels through my letterbox.

I hate Yodel and always check to see what courier a company uses now before I complete an order. If they use Yodel, I simply take my business elsewhere.

We live in a village and what I have noticed is that just about every parcel company van is driven recklessly. My guess is these drivers are on such a tight schedule, that they have to cut corners or otherwise they wouldn't complete all their deliveries they are expected to do, each day.

We live in a village and what I have noticed is that just about every parcel company van is driven recklessly. My guess is these drivers are on such a tight schedule, that they have to cut corners or otherwise they wouldn't complete all their deliveries they are expected to do, each day.

Ahh you live in a local village for local people.

That explains A LOT!

:hihi:

Don't they get paid per drop, so the more drops they do the more they can potentially earn.

EBAY customers can have their parcels delivered to Argos. I think EBAY pay Argos 50p for every parcel they process. There has to be a good business opportunity for a national company such as a supermarket to operate a similar service which Argos do, and act as a third party for parcel delivery companies.

The problem is customers don't want to, or can't stop at home all day waiting for a parcel to be delivered, but could easily collect from a local supermarket at their leisure.

EBAY customers can have their parcels delivered to Argos. I think EBAY pay Argos 50p for every parcel they process. There has to be a good business opportunity for a national company such as a supermarket to operate a similar service which Argos do, and act as a third party for parcel delivery companies.

The problem is customers don't want to, or can't stop at home all day waiting for a parcel to be delivered, but could easily collect from a local supermarket at their leisure.

John Lewis deliver to Waitrose for collection. I think they are owned by the same company though.

And I think Argos just signed a deal with Morrison's.

John Lewis deliver to Waitrose for collection. I think they are owned by the same company though.

And I think Argos just signed a deal with Morrison's.

I think the deal is with Sainsbury's . I have seen some lockers in Morrison's with Amazon branding on them, so their is some arrangement there. Seems to make sense and is the logical thing to do.

I think the deal is with Sainsbury's . I have seen some lockers in Morrison's with Amazon branding on them, so their is some arrangement there. Seems to make sense and is the logical thing to do.

Ahh ok, yes. I mixed them up.

I like the idea too.

(Wow, we agree on summat Gamston :))