Where to get a new wiring loom made

I have an old motorbike, and the wiring loom has deteriated to such a state that it needs replacing, does anyone know of any auto electricains who would be able to make one like for like?

I have come across somone on the tinterweb who makes them but they want £180, which seems a bit steep for a a few wires and block connectors

Thank

If it's ' a few wires and block connector' then just make your own up. Copy it.

Lay yours out flat and simply follow each wire through and match them up. It's quite an easy process and I've done it a couple of times; nice sunny day, roll of tape, wire cutters and sharp scissors, box of connectors and keep the kettle on!

I have an old motorbike, and the wiring loom has deteriated to such a state that it needs replacing, does anyone know of any auto electricains who would be able to make one like for like?

I have come across somone on the tinterweb who makes them but they want £180, which seems a bit steep for a a few wires and block connectors

Thank

Considering the time needed to make one, it's not just a few wires and block connectors it's the labour and skill in doing it. £180 doesn't sound that unreasonable TBH, although of course you can just do it yourself if you take a little care on the job. It is after all not excessively technical. Just make sure you have all the various wire colours or it gets really confusing.

Considering the time needed to make one, it's not just a few wires and block connectors it's the labour and skill in doing it. £180 doesn't sound that unreasonable TBH, although of course you can just do it yourself if you take a little care on the job. It is after all not excessively technical. Just make sure you have all the various wire colours or it gets really confusing.

Obelix is right, £180 for what is NOT just a couple of hours work, isn't an unreasonable amount. You are paying for the skill of the person (they don't work to NMW) the materials and I would have thought a guarantee of some sorts.

That said, there is plenty of informative advice on the tinterweb which if you've got a modicum of an idea of wiring, skill with a soldering iron and how to use a multimeter, should steer you to do an acceptable job if you're up to the task.

It might be an idea, if you're thinking of DIY, to try and get hold of an original wiring diagram for the model of bike and work out the quantity of wiring required and variations (colours and gauges) before starting so that you can cost it up before trying it.

You don't say how old the bike is and what model.If it's an old british it's dead easy, especially if it has a mag/dyno.Don't worry about different colours for the wires,the're all hid in the loom anyway.Just colour both ends of each wire using coloured tape,then you'll know which is which.

You don't say how old the bike is and what model.If it's an old british it's dead easy, especially if it has a mag/dyno.Don't worry about different colours for the wires,the're all hid in the loom anyway.Just colour both ends of each wire using coloured tape,then you'll know which is which.

Thanks for all the help guys, its very much apreciated..

Its kawasaki kh500 1976, US model...

I dont really want to do the job myself, there are many colors of wires involved and different block connectors, i wouldnt even know where to source the block connectors, as they have to be exactly the same, and as for the wires, i would end up with rolls and rolls of wire left over,:huh:

perhaps £180 may not be that expensive?

I may go and see Rudds1 mate in a few weeks, take it down and let him have a look

Bloody hell, you've got a widowmaker! Fast in a straight line, not good at corners.

It's been years since I saw a Kawasaki two stroke triple.

yeah....and they forgot to put brakes on them, so when you go into a corner.....................theres nothing there:huh: good job a ride like an old fart lol

i also have the kh250 as well, lime green like i used to have as a kid :)

yeah....and they forgot to put brakes on them, so when you go into a corner.....................theres nothing there:huh: good job a ride like an old fart lol

i also have the kh250 as well, lime green like i used to have as a kid :)

Don't worry about that, old Triumphs were just the same.