Bin collection is a strike planned

Our black bin men are great (don't read that wrong). They take extra stuff, always happy to help, so I like them. The blue bin ones are miserable jobsworths.

:o That's racist ;)

Wish our's were as helpful.

:o That's racist ;)

Wish our's were as helpful.

For the most part its not the binmen themselves that are funny about lids not being closed and rubbish left next to the bin etc, its their managers and supervisors that watch them like a hawk.

The bin men round our way work really hard for their pay, running to keep up with the wagon and out in all weathers.

That's so they can get finished early,they have a set number of bins to empty,when they have finished they can go home.They don't have a set finishing time.That's also why a lot of the rubbish is spilt on the roads.

---------- Post added 06-10-2016 at 16:35 ----------

Didn't and wont, loving the darker evenings. ;)

Yep.Time to dispose of old car tyres.

Well, they were supposed to come today (Thursday), leave your bins out, they said. Still no sign.

I would like to see the trucks fitted with trackers so we can see where they are.

I'm not sure how that'd help other just knowing that they are working.

Ours goes up down one side, and turns off on all the side roads, then comes back up hours later.

Yet they won't empty the bin if the lid isn't closed, those precious souls... :rolleyes:

A few months ago they left a black bin because the lid was raised about 9 inches. The owner left the bin there for two weeks, next time the binmen came round they emptied it.:confused: