Car jerking when driving?

Hi all

I've a Yaris that's about 15 years old. Last service was about a year ago and it's done barely 2500 miles since.

The problem may be some clogged up dirt/fuel somewhere I'm guessing. The engine management light hasn't come on to let me know if there *is* something wrong.

Last time I drove the car was about 3 days ago and it was absolutely fine. I'm surprised this problem could have come about in that time.

The main question is, what would happen if I continue to drive without resolving the issue? Would it make matters worse or will it stay the same and be a nuisance?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a fuel or air filter problem to me. If either filter is clogged, then the engine can't get what it needs to run smoothly and the problem will get worse over time.

If it gets really bad, you'll end up stalling when pulling away as the car won't have enough power, as it's being strangled by the filters. Depending on what roads you use, that has accident potential all over it.

You can change the air filter yourself on most cars but seeing as it's not had a service for a year I'd take this as a sign that it's due one.