Bradbury motorcycle & light vehicles 1936 onward

• 1 month later...
Hi Showgun very interesting ,who was the lady owner? Do you know of any one that bought race bikes from Bradbury's in the past.Is there anyone you know who I might be able talk to about the shop the lads who worked there and you never know that them or yourself could help so much.

What happend to the shop and all the bike stuff and photos? What bikes were being sold when the shop went bust?

Thanks again for spending time to reply regards Ian

---------- Post added 07-10-2016 at 14:33 ----------

Hi Showgun ,do you know Russ Marsh or Dennis bagshaw by any chance ? I spoke to Russ a few days ago , nice man . I'm still trying to get in touch with Dennis but can't get through to him yet.

I've found a photograph of a lavish after season party in1928 hosted by Sheffield dealer Dan Bradbury , They must have been very successful back in the day. Was the shop very large and how many people worked there?

Regards Ian

hi did you get hold of Dennis Bagshaw? he is still at bagshaw garage new whit. Hes still got all his bikes. i know because im family xx

• 2 years later...

It would be in the early to mid 60s and I was with my father in a Morris 1000 van, we were waiting  behind a shiney new red scooter at the Wosternholme Road lights.  As he set off, he must have dropped the clutch too fast, the bike reared up, veered across the junction and smashed into the low wall of a front garden (house later demolished). We stopped to help and found that he had just collected his brand new scooter from Bradbury's.

Edited by carosio