Klarna credit, anyone used it?

Burton are offering Klarna credit, no payment for three months, interest free, then you pay full amount or start paying interest, anyone know about it?

How does Klarna make money?

https://www.quora.com/How-does-Klarna-make-money

https://www.burton.co.uk/en/bruk/category/klarna-buy-now-pay-later-5778125/home

Presumably they rely on people not paying the full amount when it's due and then start charging them interest.

Presumably they rely on people not paying the full amount when it's due and then start charging them interest.

absolutely this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same as most (if not all) "Credit outlets"

If you can't afford it, then either go without, or wait until you can.

absolutely this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same as most (if not all) "Credit outlets"

If you can't afford it, then either go without, or wait until you can.

If you can afford it though, use the free credit, why wouldn't you.

If you can afford it though, use the free credit, why wouldn't you.

That's the thing though, If you've got a stack of cash lying about to underwrite something then all well and good, but being able to afford something on credit today doesn't mean you can afford it next week.

Turned down anyway, poor credit risk, because i have never had a loan, etc, crazy really.

The answer to that is to apply for one of the credit cards which is specifically for people who have no credit history or a poor credit history (Barclaycard do one, so do Capital One and loads of others) and you're likely to qualify for one which has a credit limit of £2-500.

Get it home, buy the stuff that you were going to buy anyway on it, pay it off in full every month, and in 6 months you'll have a much better credit rating.

Another thing you can do is to take a contract phone which is paid from your bank account and then make sure that this debits your bank account faultlessly every month.

It's a really great plan to save for everything that you want, but there's no harm at all in having the safety net of knowing that you have the credit rating to get a loan if something goes really wrong and you need money for a necessity before you can save for it.

If the dog was suddenly ill and needed lots of surgery there would be no time to save for things and even though she's insured I would need to find a third of the cost and there's a chance that the vet would demand payment from me which I would reclaim from the insurers (rather than the insurer paying the vet).

For situations like this, I have 3 cards and Paypal credit set up (and hopefully won't have to use).