Why are there no public toilets in sheffield?

I suffer with Colitis and was caught short the other month while out shopping at Drake House , not one toilet seemed to be working at all the businesses there when i asked if i could use the facilities.

I was there last week and went around and asked all the businesses the same question if i could use the toilet, i got the same reply, sorry our toilet isnt working at the moment.

So if no toilets are working what are the staff using?

I think that these businesses just dont want any members of the public to use their toilet facilities, shame on them.

I have recently returned from a short trip to London.

£1 to spend a penny in Covent Garden - 40p in St Pancras.

Sheffield is fortunate to have very many free toilets in the city centre.

use the river thames..cut the middle man out.

No city centre supermarket has a public toilet.

What part of Sheffield would be classed as the boundary of the city centre? I`ve not noticed any supermarkets that are actually in the city centre as far as I am aware.

There is a Waitrose near the start of London Rd and Eccy Rd. I think there is a small Sainsburry at the start of London Rd. Where are the supermarkets in the city centre? I`m sure they will have toilets if they are actually supermarkets.

I have recently returned from a short trip to London.

£1 to spend a penny in Covent Garden - 40p in St Pancras.

Sheffield is fortunate to have very many free toilets in the city centre.

Doesn't Sheffield station charge to use the toilets now. There are many places to use the loo for free in London. The ones in Covent Garden are run by a private company 2theloo.

I suffer with Colitis and was caught short the other month while out shopping at Drake House , not one toilet seemed to be working at all the businesses there when i asked if i could use the facilities.

I was there last week and went around and asked all the businesses the same question if i could use the toilet, i got the same reply, sorry our toilet isnt working at the moment.

I think that these businesses just dont want any members of the public to use their toilet facilities, shame on them.

I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I am a bus driver who suffers from IBS so sometimes when it flares up, it can literally be a pain in the backside as we are limited to times and where to go. We are not allowed in pubs in uniform (even just for the toilet) so supermarkets and betting shops are the only choices we have away from the depot. Even then, we have to wait until they are open.

My Dad had that; actually ended up with a colostomy after it almost killed him off. He had (has I assume) got a card that he can show and ask to use the facilities in an emergency. He's never had a shop refuse it as apparently letting a grown man soil himself in the middle of the store because they refused to help him isn't a good thing.

My Dad had that; actually ended up with a colostomy after it almost killed him off. He had (has I assume) got a card that he can show and ask to use the facilities in an emergency. He's never had a shop refuse it as apparently letting a grown man soil himself in the middle of the store because they refused to help him isn't a good thing.

I know the condition is not a laughing matter but this post made me "lol" as they say these days