Why are there no public toilets in sheffield?

I dont lack compassion. However, it does seem that plenty of people lack common sense.

We are not talking about the "price" of toilets in London generally, you seem to be moving the goalposts.

You earlier focused on two specific areas in Central London and one particular facility which charges. I have set out that there are other options for someone who is really that desprate.

Since you raised it yes I am a little bit "on one". This is a subject that comes up time and time again on forums like this and in newspapers. I just do not understand what everyone is complaining about and why there is such protest that precious council monies are being diverted away from toilet provision. This is 2016. The country has moved on from communal bath houses and outside bogs.

I will concede, that there is always the exception of those rare people with such an unfortunate condition that they simply cannot wait, however, the real fact is that MOST people will at some point in their daily circumstances be within reach of public or private facility.

If you are shopping, all major stores, shopping malls and supermarkets have them. If you are dining or drinking out every restaurant and bar has them by law. If you are going to work or on business, every office, courthouse, government building and company premises will have one. If you are travelling all major transport interchanges have them. If you are out for leisure nearly every cinema, theatre, museum, exhibition centre, leisure park, sports ground or stadia will have them. If you are visiting as a tourist your hotels, bars, cafes and major tourist attractions will have them.

On top of this there is the addition of the chargeable cabins and other facilities you mention earlier. YES - some facilities do charge but life isnt free. Toilets cost money to run and money to maintain. Nip over to the continent and public loo payments is the very common thing.

I have said this before, if you really are one of those one in a million unfortunate people who is out in a major city with such a sudden and desprate need that you cannot possibly tick any of the above boxes then unfortunately lack of state funded loos really should be the least of your worries. As stated by others, any business is highly likely to make concessions for those who are ill, elderly, infirm, disabled or otherwise. In the real world, most busy shops and pubs in central London would barely notice someone nipping in anyway.

I really do not understand the demand and more importantly to this thread why it necessarilly has to be free and provided by taxpayer monies.

A very long post - well done .

In reply to your last sentence - no, it is so very clear that you don't understand .

Edited by Daven

See post #47 for a list of shops and businesses who allow people to use their facilities.

And when theses businesses are closed............... ?

---------- Post added 28-10-2016 at 12:04 ----------

Were are folk supposed to pee if toilets are shut nearest lampost/bush???

Apparently yes - worst still if your desperation is to part with 'the other' !

I have even considered buying one of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NRS-Healthcare-CareBag-Disposable-Biodegradable/dp/B006ZL3ZJQ/ref=sr_1_12_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1477652880&sr=8-12&keywords=disposable+potty

IBS is not funny.

Edited by Daven

The old TJ Hughes used to have an policy of you must purchase an item or buy something out of their cafe to receive the code to unlock the door. The idea been is to stop shop lifters from using them to put on stolen clothing . As for pubs I remember the Link pub on Park Hill had the problem of non customers using the toilets for drug taking they had to watch them like an Hawk. Not all business are keen on having toilets due to anti social problems plus the upkeep of them .

Last time I was in there, someone had scribbled the code on the wall.

And when theses businesses are closed........[\quote]

Well then one must question what someone is doing in town in the middle of the night.

Of the businesses listed there is coverage from early morning to chuck out time 7 days a week. Add on all the shops, bars, cafe, business premises and hotels not on the list and there is ample facility.

I say again, if someone does not pass by some facility at some point in their business during some point of the day what the hell are they doing in town in the first place.