Why are there no public toilets in sheffield?

I just don’t get this obsession with public toilets all the time. This is not Victorian times any more. Every house has a toilet. Mass communal facilities are no longer required.

People out and about have multiple opportunities to access a toilet. Every bar, restaurant, café, department store, hotel, office building, large supermarket has them. So does the library, millennium galleries, Moor Market, bus station, Arundel gate interchange, Howden house and the Jobcentre Plus offices.

The council already provide facilities on Angel Street, the Moor and Exchange Street

Plus these additional ones in other buildings which are freely available through the Community Access Partnership:

• Bankers Draft, Market Place, S1 2GH

• Benjamin Huntsman, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

• Debenhams, The Moor, S1 3LR

• Frog and Parrot, Division Street, S1 4GF

• Henry's Bar, Wellington Street S1 4HS

• John Lewis, Barkers Pool, S1 1EP

• Lloyds, The Sheffield Waterworks Company, Division Street, S1 4GF

• Orchard Square, City Centre, S1 2FB

• Sheffield Railway Station, Sheaf Square, S1 2BP

• SOYO, Rockingham Street, S1 4EB

• Swim Inn, Glossop Road, S10 2GW

• The Varsity, West Street, S1 4EW

• The Wick At Both Ends, West Street, S1 4EW

• Walkabout, Carver Street, S1 4FS

• Yates's, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

How many more toilets do people need in the city centre???

I have asked this question many times before. If you are in the City and never once pass by through any of the above facilities – what the hell are you doing there?

---------- Post added 30-08-2014 at 14:44 ----------

Do you choose not to use the range of toilets inside shops or Orchard Square or the multiple cafes then??

Never read anything so stupid in my life.

Oh and as for your Buxton facilities - that would be the ones that close at 5.00 each day would it? Those ones that charge 20p to access.

I think I will stick with my range of free, conveniently open, Sheffield choices thank you.

My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

Im still astounded at Sheffield's constant resilience to change.

It holds the city back in so many ways. A city of people who pride themselves on being stubborn.

Trying to spend a penny in Sheffield is going to be very difficult in future according to yesterdays Star!! although 7 were refurbished a year or so ago at a cost of £261,000. Is it true that the toilet at Chapeltown is managed by the local parish council and not Sheffield Council, who seems to 'flush money down the drain!'

A lot of towns have community conveniences. Cafes shops and bars sign up for the scheme and get an annual payment from the council for providing the service. It is far more cost effective than having public toilets that get vandalised every week.

I'm equally annoyed that all of the council baths are closed.

Mine's full of coal. I nipped into town last week to get a wash and could find an open bath anywhere. What's going on? How am I supposed to get clean. I demand better. I pay my taxes.:rant:

I'm equally annoyed that all of the council baths are closed.

Mine's full of coal. I nipped into town last week to get a wash and could find an open bath anywhere. What's going on? How am I supposed to get clean. I demand better. I pay my taxes.

Isn't there still a horse trough in Fitzalan Square?