Why are there no public toilets in sheffield?

I am talking more about Hillsborough where we used to do the most of our shopping. Toilets on the outskirts are all closed now.None of the toilets in Buxton charge you to use them, not sure when the last time you went shopping there but I suggest you try it before opening you stupid mouth to get your facts right!

So Hillsborough Interchange, Morrisons, Weatherspoons, (up until its closure) the Coop Store plus council toilets in Hillsborough Park, Hillsborough First Point and Hillsborough library not enough facilities then.

PS:

From High Peak Council's own website:

AREA LOCATION FACILITIES

Buxton Sylvan car park Open 8am to 5pm Baby changing

Entry 20p.

I dont doubt that may be more you could use there. However, I suggest you might want to open your eyes a bit more about the many many many many facilities that Sheffield offers before as you say "opening your stupid mouth"

My point still remains. I really dont know what you are expecting in 2014? A council run council funded public toilet on every single street corner? Never going to happen. If you are in any major urban area for something such as shopping or business there is a high likleyhood that at some point during your errand you will be in the locality of or be using a building or business that will have a toilet. If not, go and find the nearest one. Its not rocket science.

Edited by ECCOnoob

We have stopped going into Sheffield so much now for our shopping because most of the toilets are closed. When you have a toddler and young children and sometimes a disabled grandmother with you, it's not that easy for them to hold themselves until we get back home which is a 40 minute drive back to the Hope Valley. Although further away we prefer to go to Buxton shopping because all the toilets there are still open.

And none of the shops that have them are suitable for some reason?

---------- Post added 31-08-2014 at 01:43 ----------

I am talking more about Hillsborough where we used to do the most of our shopping. Toilets on the outskirts are all closed now.None of the toilets in Buxton charge you to use them, not sure when the last time you went shopping there but I suggest you try it before opening you stupid mouth to get your facts right!

Costa have toilets, the Rawsons Spring, presumably the Blue Bell, as do many of the coffee shops, and aren't there some in the arcades (or whatever the bit with boots in it is called).

How much shopping can you actually do in Hillsborough anyway? Boots, Wilko's, buy a house, get a pork sandwich, donate to charity and call at Dunhelm Mills and you've done pretty much everything possible.

And none of the shops that have them are suitable for some reason?

---------- Post added 31-08-2014 at 01:43 ----------

Costa have toilets, the Rawsons Spring, presumably the Blue Bell, as do many of the coffee shops, and aren't there some in the arcades (or whatever the bit with boots in it is called).

How much shopping can you actually do in Hillsborough anyway? Boots, Wilko's, buy a house, get a pork sandwich, donate to charity and call at Dunhelm Mills and you've done pretty much everything possible.

Pretty much the same as Buxton really :)

---------- Post added 31-08-2014 at 10:38 ----------

there are loads in meadowhall, no wonder people go there instead of town.

But there are loads in town too :confused:

---------- Post added 31-08-2014 at 10:39 ----------

There is the Community Toilet Scheme if you're caught short.

Click on the link.

the council closed most public toilets due to cottaging by gay men I oce went in one on birley moor road as I was desperate for a pee I was only in there aboy 30 seconds when I was approached by a man, and aske if I wanted some fun, I swiftly old him to <REMOVED> off and called him a dirty perv shocking when you can't go for a pee in peace, from that date some 30 yrs ago I stopped using public toilets mainly cause they stink, and filthy toilet bowls were people have not flushed it I will use toilets in places like meadowhall or shops that have toilets and some pubs, that are clean. the one place I will use public toilets is in norwhich Norfolk , there toilets are the one's were only one person can get in, nd when you have finished it automatically flushes it sprays it with disinfectant and water comes out of the hand basin to wash yur hands maybe more should be like those

Edited by nikki-red

The council should not be responsible for providing toilets for the public. Surely they are from a time when most toilets were outside.

There are hundreds of places to use the loo if your in town. Just another thing that the British believe their 'entitled' to.

As in the post by mammybear obviously you have a fully functioning bowel or bladder. You would think different otherwise!

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 19:33 ----------

There is still a public toilet in Sheffield. It's called Fargate.

Are you sure? I thought it was Blonk Street. It used to really hum down there after the weekend:gag:

As in the post by mammybear obviously you have a fully functioning bowel or bladder. You would think different otherwise!

---------- Post added 02-09-2014 at 19:33 ----------

Are you sure? I thought it was Blonk Street. It used to really hum down there after the weekend:gag:

Well said norseman.