Single pitch Traveller site - Killamarsh

Just I found that planning application has been received on 26 Sept at NE Derbyshire District Council:

Reference

16/00990/FL

Alternative Reference

PP-05507829

Application Received

Mon 26 Sep 2016

Application Validated

Mon 26 Sep 2016

Address

Land On West Side Of Boiley Farm Between Fishing Pond And Boiley Lane Killamarsh

Proposal

Single pitch Traveller site

Status

pending

Appeal Status

Unknown

Appeal Decision

Not Available

I saw what kind of mess the travellers did in Chesterfield a couple years ago when they suddenly stayed, without permission, at the former petrol station near old Tesco, now car shop.

I have not seen any land that has had people who live in caravans on it that looks tidy after they have left.

If someone wishes to live in a caravan that is their business but on leaving that plot it should not require someone else to clean up after them.

Most people pay rates for refuse services and take their excess to the dump it site, if these people wish to live a travelling life they should respect the country and not leave a trail of rubbish behind (they can pay to use refuse sites)

1. I know they own the land, so why shouldn't they have the rights to a caravan on there.

2. If the thieving local scrotes hadn't continual broken into the stables on the land it would have remained a stable yard.

3.If the locals hadn't complained about a non existing footpath - which has never been used and now neglected,it would have remained a stable yard.

4. Neighbouring land some 200 yards away has a caravan with planning consent owned by a local white English guy.

---------- Post added 05-10-2016 at 16:09 ----------

Back to Ireland would be my recommendation.

I can't be certain of the actual applicant (but i am 99.9%) that the guy was born and raised in Killamarsh, i've known his family for at least 25 years. His father owns a house on the road which leads to the said land in the planning application.

Why should he go to Ireland? He didn't come from there.

It also wouldn't make him an Irish Traveller though.

The planning permission could be for temporary accommodation as they intend to apply to build a house.

Pretty sure my friend had to apply for permission to put a caravan in while he built his home.

Where are travellers supposed to go? Racism rearing its ugly head again!

I'm not a racist and I only wrote what I saw and experienced in Chesterfield in relation to the travellers. It happens every time when somebody points to the problem that others try to accuse that person to be racist. And then we all wonder why nobody said something???

I can't be certain of the actual applicant (but i am 99.9%) that the guy was born and raised in Killamarsh, i've known his family for at least 25 years. His father owns a house on the road which leads to the said land in the planning application.

Why should he go to Ireland? He didn't come from there.

Not really a traveller then so his application should fail for that reason :hihi:;)