Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Why insist he's harvey then? 

Because it is.

I know from talking to you that there are those who don't know what the truth is.

Remember you said I fought in an illegal war ?

28 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

To be fair, genuine homeless people are more likely to ensure their pooch is fed first before they are. 

I don't understand why anyone who is actually homeless would get a dog. If they supposedly can't look after themselves, how could they look after an animal? If a dog was kept in an unfit home, the RSPCA would take it away. The pavement is an unfit home. Hmmm.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't understand why anyone who is actually homeless would get a dog. If they supposedly can't look after themselves, how could they look after an animal? If a dog was kept in an unfit home, the RSPCA would take it away. The pavement is an unfit home. Hmmm.

Well, some say it could be a homeless person’s only comfort.  Others say it’s a deliberate ploy for extra sympathy.  Either way, it seems a sad life for the poor dogs even if they are adequately fed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Well, some say it could be a homeless person’s only comfort.  Others say it’s a deliberate ploy for extra sympathy.  Either way, it seems a sad life for the poor dogs even if they are adequately fed.

Yes and given the bull dog type breeds too, a lot of them are aggressive, not helped by the boredom of being on the street all day whilst the owner begs for heroin money. 2 of them were fighting on The Moor the other daym a woman who was passing said they should be on a lead (and she was right), she was told by one of these "street people" to " **** off ", charming!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Yes and given the bull dog type breeds too, a lot of them are aggressive, not helped by the boredom of being on the street all day whilst the owner begs for heroin money. 2 of them were fighting on The Moor the other daym a woman who was passing said they should be on a lead (and she was right), she was told by one of these "street people" to " **** off ", charming!

I saw one of the guys on High St had two very large dogs out of control recently.  Nothing will be done about it unless a passer by gets badly hurt though.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Snipped 

Remember you said I fought in an illegal war ?

Unlike yourself I'm happy to concede when I may have been wrong. I mean, keyboard warriors don't make the best soldiers in the real world so the thought of you fighting in any war illegal or otherwise is clearly laughable. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I saw one of the guys on High St had two very large dogs out of control recently.  Nothing will be done about it unless a passer by gets badly hurt though.  

Hopefully the bull dog ban coming in to force in December will see a crack down on them. We can hope. 

24 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The thought hasn't crossed your mind at all that in some cases they had the dog before they were made homeless? 

Not really because they aren't really homeless. But yes, if I lost my home and had a dog I would give it up to a safe home/RSPCA, rather than let it sit out in the cold all day, bored whitless.

• Like 2