Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

So you've just made up a new law have you?

Because they aren't Drunk, nor Disorderly, so under what law do you think the police have every right to arrest and remove them?

You need to do a bit more research, Sherlock.

0/10

Must try harder.

Just been into town this morning and the Police are out on full patrol. One of the regulars was angry saying and I quote "I can't believe it when we were all out here lying down like (expletive) there wasn't a copper in sight." at the top of his cannon.

Just been into town this morning and the Police are out on full patrol. One of the regulars was angry saying and I quote "I can't believe it when we were all out here lying down like (expletive) there wasn't a copper in sight." at the top of his cannon.

You saying the police are targeting beggars and druggies / drunks?

You saying the police are targeting beggars and druggies / drunks?

I dont know if they are targeting them. According to the Sheffield Stars FB page they are looking into spice as a priority. However I did see about 4 or 5 coppers in the City centre this morning doing patrols. The one regular who made the comment I posted above must have been stopped by them. Another guy was arguing with them outside the old Santander Building opposite McDonalds after been given a piece of paper of some description.

And another regular was debating with a copper outside the coffee shop next to Boots.

They were very active. And about time too. It needs sorting.

I dont know if they are targeting them. According to the Sheffield Stars FB page they are looking into spice as a priority. However I did see about 4 or 5 coppers in the City centre this morning doing patrols. The one regular who made the comment I posted above must have been stopped by them. Another guy was arguing with them outside the old Santander Building opposite McDonalds after been given a piece of paper of some description.

And another regular was debating with a copper outside the coffee shop next to Boots.

They were very active. And about time too. It needs sorting.

Well by lunchtime there were no police around Fargate or the High St. Must have counted a good half dozen out begging. Apart from the scruffy clothing, all reasonably healthy looking, young blokes.

One outside Boots, asking folk, 'Pound for the homeless?' Must be due to inflation?

Rumour has it that Universal Credit is coming to Sheffield by the end of this year, so there will probably be a lot more homeless soon.

universal credit is in Barnsley. My mate been put on it after losing his ESA. He has to wait 5 weeks for his first payment. He can get an advanced payment though to get him through.

Well by lunchtime there were no police around Fargate or the High St. Must have counted a good half dozen out begging. Apart from the scruffy clothing, all reasonably healthy looking, young blokes.

One outside Boots, asking folk, 'Pound for the homeless?' Must be due to inflation?

This makes me so mad to think of people wasting their life like this.