Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

No , but if the question was "is every rough sleeper in the city centre an addict" my answer would be: the majority are , i wont call them homeless as linking the two together is part of the problem, taking away attention from the plight of genuine homeless people in every city .

i wont respond to halibut or cyclone as it is a waste of time

eccybeach has hit the nail on head

there is no easy answer but until we accept that simply arguing and pontificating about the issue will solve nothing then it will continue , some people will continue take advantage to the detriment of others and we will all keep talking about the same relatively small group of individuals and ignoring the almost invisible non problem causing genuine homeless people in society

I see your point but the solution is surprisingly easy. Do not give anyone any money. It couldnt be simpler. If you dont give them money they wont spend it on drugs or drink. If you want to help then give them food, drink, bedding or anything else they need but not cash. If they are genuine they will welcome it with open arms. If they are not then you are not enabling their addiction.

You could say well they will turn to crime. Yes your probably right which means finally the authorities will need to take action and deal with the problem rather than allowing it to carry on the way that it is.

Most of these people have chosen this way of life by not attempting to lead a normal life and show some consideration for other people. Most have been evicted for not paying their rent or rates or causing mayhem with loud noise and disrupting behaviour. There is no answer only the people can do by living a decent life. I have had experience of bad neighbours and it was a nightmare dog mess and nappies thrown anywhere.

Really? :roll:

Wow all those thousands of workers, residents, commuters, shoppers, business visitors and tourists I see wandering around every day must be a mirage.

Are we talking about Sheffield City Centre? Thousands of Business Visititors? Thousands of tourists? Hahahahaha.

Listen. The government should clamp down on street begging. They should clamp down on been drugged up in public. Enough of these soft sentances. Lets start jailing these people and lets stick them in solitary confinement.

The vast majority of them are not homeless. The vast majority of them are just lazy people who can't be bothered to work. If they want to take spice and drink then it's a lifestyle choice. Nobody has put a gun to their heads.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Are we talking about Sheffield City Centre? Thousands of Business Visititors? Thousands of tourists? Hahahahaha.

Listen. The government should clamp down on street begging. They should clamp down on been drugged up in public. Enough of these soft sentances. Lets start jailing these people and lets stick them in solitary confinement.

The vast majority of them are not homeless. The vast majority of them are just lazy people who can't be bothered to work. If they want to take spice and drink then it's a lifestyle choice. Nobody has put a gun to their heads.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

This government is not some strong wise in control authority.

Matter of fact this government gives prisoners coming out of jail a sleepingbag a toothbrust and few little other things to go and sleep on the streets if they have no family or friends to go to.

This government is not some strong wise in control authority.

Matter of fact this government gives prisoners coming out of jail a sleepingbag a toothbrust and few little other things to go and sleep on the streets if they have no family or friends to go to.

And who is the fault of that I wonder. Is it the government for keeping these poor victims of society in jail or them themselves.

Who in the right mind gives money to these people? Buy them a small sandwich or a give them a bowl of water.

When you give these people money it goes straight on spice or high strength alcohol.

The people who give money to the homeless are contributing towards their addictions.

THINK ABOUT IT!!

And who is the fault of that I wonder. Is it the government for keeping these poor victims of society in jail or them themselves.

Who is the criminal, the finger that pulls the trigger, or the person who finger it is.

Government pushes the button. Things go wrong then government blames the problem on others calling them criminals. At least in england, where I am from government sees their responsebility in this picture and reduces the problems.

Again on channel 4 news some windrush guy worked and paid taxes UK 38 years then has to sleep on the street cause UK government spits on him. Nothing to do with addiction.

Who is the criminal, the finger that pulls the trigger, or the person who finger it is.

Government pushes the button. Things go wrong then government blames the problem on others calling them criminals. At least in england, where I am from government sees their responsebility in this picture and reduces the problems.

Again on channel 4 news some windrush guy worked and paid taxes UK 38 years then has to sleep on the street cause UK government spits on him. Nothing to do with addiction.

Firstly the windrush scandal is appaling and worth a seperate debate all together. I was refering to the criminal who is on the street with a sleeping bag and a toothbrush. Who caused it? Well him obviously. He made the decision to break the law so tough.

Firstly the windrush scandal is appaling and worth a seperate debate all together. I was refering to the criminal who is on the street with a sleeping bag and a toothbrush. Who caused it? Well him obviously. He made the decision to break the law so tough.

When someone comes out of jail with nowhere to go they need more than a sleeping bag and toothbrush.

If things go wrong again then it is the government fault and responsibility. At least in places I have lived before. UK has a dump them attitude even when these people dumped have served the army many years.

Edited by dutch

Who in the right mind gives money to these people? Buy them a small sandwich or a give them a bowl of water.

When you give these people money it goes straight on spice or high strength alcohol.

The people who give money to the homeless are contributing towards their addictions.

THINK ABOUT IT!!

I think your generalisations are far too broad.

Sure SOME will buy drugs and SOME will buy alcohol and did any of those ever promise that they would not.

You forgot to mention SOME will go home to their partners and kids after a hard days scrounging

and SOME will be immensely grateful for anything you can spare.

Oh and what is this ....You'd give them a "bowl of water" ... and small sandwich ..of what pedigree chum? Perhaps you'd rather send them ALL to the workhouse.