Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

5 hours ago, Martin C said:

None of them have ever had a penny piece from me.  Get rid of the fraudsters and chancers and even this hard heart might show some sympathy - but until then they can all 'whistle'.

Don't get into Sheff much nowadays, but couldn't believe the open drug sales going on in Fargate.

These guy's stood out like a sore thumb, 

it was nice to see the regeneration of the Moor, love all the serious stones and walkways around Charter Sq.

The buskers in Sheff are always a delight and talented. 

Define genuine? homeless ? is no easy task anymore. 

14 hours ago, pattricia said:

This is true. You are just giving them drug money.

A lady posted on the Crookes Community Facebook page that the beggar who sits outside the Co-op At Crookes told her that he needed a sum of money in order to get bed and breakfast accommodation that night. She gave him money and later that day saw him coming out of the Crookes branch of Bargain Booze with a selection of drinks.

22 minutes ago, AwayOwl said:

A lady posted on the Crookes Community Facebook page that the beggar who sits outside the Co-op At Crookes told her that he needed a sum of money in order to get bed and breakfast accommodation that night. She gave him money and later that day saw him coming out of the Crookes branch of Bargain Booze with a selection of drinks.

My son was over from America and felt so sorry for a beggar sitting outside M & S that he went inside and bought him a sandwich. He handed it to him, and the beggar pulled a face, and threw it over his shoulder in disgust.! They don’t want food, they want money for drink and drugs.!

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

My son was over from America and felt so sorry for a beggar sitting outside M & S that he went inside and bought him a sandwich. He handed it to him, and the beggar pulled a face, and threw it over his shoulder in disgust.! They don’t want food, they want money for drink and drugs.!

Marmite isn't to everybody's taste.

6 hours ago, pattricia said:

I'd have a fiver each way on this never happening

The awful thing here is that this shouldn't be happening at all...It's 2019 NOT 1719.

What ever the excuses these folks have for the need to BEG on the streets is abhorrent and a shame.

Begging should be banned. 

If the needy REALLY need something then they should find a legitimate way of obtaining it.( Like the rest of us have.)