Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Young "Lady" stopped me on Hartley Brook shops a few years ago asking for bus fare...

I said were do you live.. she said "Parson Cross"

As I was on my way to ASDA I offered to give her a lift..

She walked off in disgust...

Good one. You caught her red handed. The disgust should be at her lies and hassling of the public. I think if I was skint, I'd walk from Hartley Brook to Parson Cross, it's not that far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

It doesn't go towards a bus fare. It goes towards heroin.

Well, having actually talked to him I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt...

I can spot a heroin user quite easily thankyou, can you? Or do you just class all of them exactly the same? Oh yes I forgot ...'vermin.' 

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Young "Lady" stopped me on Hartley Brook shops a few years ago asking for bus fare...

I said were do you live.. she said "Parson Cross"

As I was on my way to ASDA I offered to give her a lift..

She walked off in disgust...

Similar thing happened to me, only this was for train fare to Worksop. I offered to drive her there, with the same result.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

Similar thing happened to me, only this was for train fare to Worksop. I offered to drive her there, with the same result.

Ah she hung around the train station for years she did, there was a thread about her on here iirc.

• Like 1

My mistake. But it doesn't alter the validity of the post which you ignored.

No one is saying their aren't scammers out there, but poverty is now a very real and present problem, and growing. The Welfare system, such as it is, can't cope, and has been starved of money to do so for years.

You'd have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to know that there is a major housing crisis going on and people are suffering. Universal credit takes months to come through, can be withdrawn on a whim, and isn't enough anyway in a lot of cases. And the fact that most people who need it are in full time work is a disgrace. Landlords are shutting up shop because of the hassle, and no fault evictions becoming commonplace. 

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

My mistake. But it doesn't alter the validity of the post which you ignored.

No one is saying their aren't scammers out there, but poverty is now a very real and present problem, and growing. The Welfare system, such as it is, can't cope, and has been starved of money to do so for years.

You'd have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to know that there is a major housing crisis going on and people are suffering. Universal credit takes months to come through, can be withdrawn on a whim, and isn't enough anyway in a lot of cases. And the fact that most people who need it are in full time work is a disgrace. Landlords are shutting up shop because of the hassle, and no fault evictions becoming commonplace. 

And it has been stated to you, numerous times, that the vast majority on the streets of Sheffield actually have accommodation, and it is highly advised by literally all organisations not to give cash to beggars.  And yet, you do.

https://www.helpushelpsheffield.uk/how-to-help/give-money

"People who beg need support but giving money to them is not the answer"

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1