Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Oh, another quote from that website link above:

• Not everyone who begs is homeless – South Yorkshire Police spoke to 37 people who were begging in Sheffield and all but 8 had accommodation. Outreach workers can help those who don’t have anywhere to stay.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Oh, another quote from that website link above:

• Not everyone who begs is homeless – South Yorkshire Police spoke to 37 people who were begging in Sheffield and all but 8 had accommodation. Outreach workers can help those who don’t have anywhere to stay.

The Bloke who begs at Drake House retail park has a flat in Beighton I offered him a tenner to wash my car and he refused it.

The Bloke who begs at the retail park near Graves leisure and Meadowhead has a flat on Jordanthorpe I offered him a tenner to wash my car and he refused it.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The Bloke who begs at Drake House retail park has a flat in Beighton I offered him a tenner to wash my car and he refused it.

The Bloke who begs at the retail park near Graves leisure and Meadowhead has a flat on Jordanthorpe I offered him a tenner to wash my car and he refused it.

Do it yourself, lazy sod 😀

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

Giving a beggar a couple of quid for bus fare doesn't stop people giving to homeless charities as well.

It's a pity charities such as this are needed. The problems need sorting out at source with government action such as more affordable housing and rent control.

No it doesn’t prevent anyone to also give to a homeless charity too but in reality many won’t because they think they have already donated by giving to beggars and also many don’t understand why giving cash to a beggar almost certainly isn’t helping.

I agree we shouldn’t have to have homeless charities but its the best we can do.

• Like 1