Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

58 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Steady on.  Irene is entirely believable.  I know I for one remember discussing the state of the economy with my mum while she was feeding me my milky rusks and mashed bananas.

It's not a matter of economy. These people have homes and welfare payments for food. They are begging for money to gamble, buy drugs and take the general public for mugs. 

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

It's not a matter of economy. These people have homes and welfare payments for food. They are begging for money to gamble, buy drugs and take the general public for mugs. 

You are totally unbelievable - any half-intelligent individual would see the post you quote for what it is, and not post a total load of unrelated bull in reply.

15 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You are totally unbelievable - any half-intelligent individual would see the post you quote for what it is, and not post a total load of unrelated bull in reply.

My post is absolutely correct and related. Did you even read it? You seem to be talking a load of twaddle.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

My post is absolutely correct and related. Did you even read it? You seem to be talking a load of twaddle.

I read it - for my sins - but I also read the post you quoted, which you obviously didn't read, otherwise  you would have seen it was, shall we say, not exactly truthful.

@Hecate- sorry to blow your cover. 😉

On 05/10/2016 at 16:09, lipschitz said:

Returned to Sheffield to visit friends this week and can't believe the amount of beggars on the streets of the city centre! Most have dogs to tug at the heartstrings which is a cheap trick and borders on animal cruelty as these animals have no say as to who their owners are. The best thing I saw was a 'homeless' guy selling the big issue while looking intently at his touchscreen phone which looked better than the one I own!

If someone is generous enough to give some spare change would it be better spent on food or saved until you have enough money for a top up?

Does anyone know if these people are genuine or not?

Big issue sellers have to be genuine as for the beggers well some years ago police caught one going home ...in a porch sports car !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

There is a beggar who sits in the recess in the wall outside Co Op on Crookes. For years people gullably gave him money. It turns out, he's not homeless at all, he lives in a flat on Walkley. Absolute scum.

Anna B be nipping up there now to give him all of her life savings then. 

• Haha 2