Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

27 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

There is a beggar who sits in the recess in the wall outside Co Op on Crookes. For years people gullably gave him money. It turns out, he's not homeless at all, he lives in a flat on Walkley. Absolute scum.

Same as a guy who sits at Asda at Chaucer.   Pretends to be homeless but lives just up road from my brother. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Big issue sellers have to be genuine as for the beggers well some years ago police caught one going home ...in a porch sports car !

My bold. 

Yet a few years ago, while walking past the Town Hall, I witnessed an argument between two Big Issue sellers with one saying that the Town Hall was his pitch and "Anyway, you shouldn't be selling the Big Issue.  You have a home to go to." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

Yet a few years ago, while walking past the Town Hall, I witnessed an argument between two Big Issue sellers with one saying that the Town Hall was his pitch and "Anyway, you shouldn't be selling the Big Issue.  You have a home to go to." 

Some years ago I sometimes bought a Big Issue.  Until the time the ‘seller’ I bought one from asked for it back as he wasn’t actually a proper Big Issue seller. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Some years ago I sometimes bought a Big Issue.  Until the time the ‘seller’ I bought one from asked for it back as he wasn’t actually a proper Big Issue seller. 

Sell it back then for a profit.

6 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Big issue sellers have to be genuine as for the beggers well some years ago police caught one going home ...in a porch sports car !

I'm not sure that's true these days. It's well known that Eastern European (usually Romanian) gangs buy them up and have their 'associates' sell them.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

I'm not sure that's true these days. It's well known that Eastern European (usually Romanian) gangs buy them up and have their 'associates' sell them.

No they don't need to be homeless. 

https://www.thebiglifegroup.com/service/big-issue-north/

'While a third of our vendors are homeless, the majority are not – people sell Big Issue North for a wide variety of reasons.' 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1