Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

You don't have to look hard to find trouble in Sheffield! 

Well there's nothing unique about Sheffield.

In terms of cities, I've lived in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield; and I can tell you from experience that Sheffield is by far the safer city of the 3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

It was all kicking off on High Street last night at Sainsbury's. Some really rough smackhead woman ran up to a young lad who was wrestling with the security man and smacked him. A bit of a fight ensued and some people got involved to break it up. All seemed to be completely off their faces.

Earlier in the day, on The Moor, a man off his head on spice fell in to a woman with a pram and some chav lads told him to watch where he was going. The Spicer was holding his hands out trying to hug fresh air. What a city!

I  Pay good money to get in that condition !

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Well there's nothing unique about Sheffield.

In terms of cities, I've lived in Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield; and I can tell you from experience that Sheffield is by far the safer city of the 3.

I sometimes watch Charlie Veitch's videos on YouTube which are filmed in Manchester. The place looks like an open air lunatic asylum.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

I sometimes watch Charlie Veitch's videos on YouTube which are filmed in Manchester. The place looks like an open air lunatic asylum.

I have been round Manchester City Centre, it's a dump. Billions of pound have been pumped in to Manchester's economy, but it's only got worse. Vile place. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

What About the supposedly homeless person who refused hospital treatment, opting to stay in town to beg instead and ended up dying, despite being offered help from an ambulance?

This is the saddest thing.  As loathsome as Suella Braverman is there is an element of truth in her argument.  To be crystal clear, that doesn’t mean I think people choose to live on the streets.  It means that street people generally have complex issues often with addiction to substances and will be compelled to fuel their addiction. They do need help but that doesn’t mean giving them cash directly because due to aforementioned issues they will most likely spend it on feeding their addictions.  Some will refuse help because they are in the grip of addictions.  A lot of well meaning people trying to ‘help’ are doing the precise opposite.  

Edited by pfifes
  • Like 2