Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You can't force people into rehab programmes ffs, unless you want to criminalise homelessness first. 

Not ‘force’, be proactive.  Part of the reason the problem is as bad as is and getting worse is due to enabling and tolerating anti social behaviour. It is not being compassionate allowing a drug addict to pitch a tent in a city centre and allow them to beg from the general public and steal from shops.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pfifes said:

Not ‘force’, be proactive.  Part of the reason the problem is as bad as is and getting worse is due to enabling and tolerating anti social behaviour. It is not being compassionate allowing a drug addict to pitch a tent in a city centre and allow them to beg from the general public and steal from shops.  

I disagree.

What's making the problem worse is ridiculously high rents, house prices, and no fault evictions.

We talk about people having a really hard time of it in the current climate, then blame them when they become victims of it.

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I disagree.

What's making the problem worse is ridiculously high rents, house prices, and no fault evictions.

We talk about people having a really hard time of it in the current climate, then blame them when they become victims of it.

Of course that’s the main reason.  I was saying that tolerating tents, begging and shoplifting is *part* of the problem.
We shouldn’t just accept it as normal that some people live in tents in a city centre and spend their days begging, stealing, drug taking, drinking and fighting in public.  There is nothing kind about enabling that behaviour.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

If they don't want help, that is up to them, there are places out there that provide help. But why should vulnerable members of the public give up their hard earned money to support their addiction?

You decide what you do with your money and leave everyone else to decide what they do with theirs, without your objections.

Everyone has different views and we are all entitled to them.

As Anna says,  people are having a hard time in the current climate and some fall.

If you don't care, then that's fine.  If others do care,  then that's fine too.

Edited by Organgrinder

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

You giving to them causes them to then hassle me and my friends and everyone else walking down the street. 

Do you suggest killing them out of the way ? I WOULD GLADLY DO IT parasites feeding of there own kind !

2 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Not all of them some are genuine folk who need help but some are beyond help we had a whip round in rotherham got a guy a flat clothes furniture tele and he's back on streets sold the lot !

Absolute scum. This is why I won't help them. They are ungrateful and selfish. That flat could have gone to someone who needed it. 

• Like 1