Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

Absolute scum. This is why I won't help them. They are ungrateful and selfish. That flat could have gone to someone who needed it. 

Yes I agree we wasted time and effort on him he's at aldi masbro begging for change when you take the trolley back knows you have a pound coin 🪙 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Not all of them some are genuine folk who need help but some are beyond help we had a whip round in rotherham got a guy a flat clothes furniture tele and he's back on streets sold the lot !

"Not all of them" meaning you would be prepared to personally "GLADLY" kill some of them?

Edited by Bargepole23

13 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Not all of them some are genuine folk who need help but some are beyond help we had a whip round in rotherham got a guy a flat clothes furniture tele and he's back on streets sold the lot !

It's as if the homeless have complex issues other than just, erm, being homeless isn't it? 

Who woulda thunk. 

9 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Yes I agree we wasted time and effort on him he's at aldi masbro begging for change when you take the trolley back knows you have a pound coin 🪙 

I use a trolley token. Monetary value = zero. 

6 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

You giving to them causes them to then hassle me and my friends and everyone else walking down the street. 

Can you prove that ?

They would probably have hassled you whether we gave them money  or not,  assuming they did anyway and you're not just making it up.

Other peoples money is theirs and no business of yours what they do with it.

You are quite happy to spend money in pubs which turns out drunks who vomit on the pavements.

Tell me whether that's anything to do with me.

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Can you prove that ?

They would probably have hassled you whether we gave them money  or not,  assuming they did anyway and you're not just making it up.

Other peoples money is theirs and no business of yours what they do with it.

You are quite happy to spend money in pubs which turns out drunks who vomit on the pavements.

Tell me whether that's anything to do with me.

If people didn't give to them then  they would stop. Isn't that obvious??! If you keep leaving cheese out, the rats will keep coming back. The more hostile an environment these leaches face, the less likely they are to try it. Some of them come up to you at the bus stop and can be quite aggressive/abusive, others approach whilst you are using the cash point. I have zero empathy for these dregs of society and couldn't give two hoots about their sob stories. You are supporting an illegal act (begging), that makes an anti social environment for everyone. It ruins businesses, for example the owner of Blissful Daze in Glossop Road told me she had to close, as the beggars and druggies outside were off-putting to customers.

Your mention of pubs is irrelevant twaddle. Have you never been in a pub in your life?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

If people didn't give to them then  they would stop. Isn't that obvious??! If you keep leaving cheese out, the rats will keep coming back. The more hostile an environment these leaches face, the less likely they are to try it. Some of them come up to you at the bus stop and can be quite aggressive/abusive, others approach whilst you are using the cash point. I have zero empathy for these dregs of society and couldn't give two hoots about their sob stories. You are supporting an illegal act (begging), that makes an anti social environment for everyone. It ruins businesses, for example the owner of Blissful Daze in Glossop Road told me she had to close, as the beggars and druggies outside were off-putting to customers.

Your mention of pubs is irrelevant twaddle. Have you never been in a pub in your life?

People are NOT stopping giving money to them.  They obviously have much more care and humanity in them than you..

Looks very much as if you've  drawn a blank with telling people what to do with their own money.

If those people are such a problem as you say, you should be shouting for the police force to do something about it instead of trying to lay down the law to ordinary caring people.

People will support any act they feel like supporting without your say so.         In the meantime,  try calling for a law abiding Sheffield as It very much used to be.